9. Glowing

Mr. James asks to speak to me as I pack my stuff away. Exam time is over and I was ready to go outside and meet up with Jenni and Chris. I'm really excited to hear about what happened yesterday after they left. And I have to tell them about my dream.

"Ms. Brown. I've taken quite an interest in your wolf and I'd like to know more about him" Mr. James says.

He doesn't even look at me. He is too busy gawking at Gray, who doesn't even pay him the slightest attention. Gray is just busy pacing around the room. Something is bothering him and it can't be pee. He literally peed right before my class again.

"Oh sure" I say, faking my surprise. Every student knows how in love Mr. James is with wolves, just like me. "What would you like to know?"

I don't mind talking about Gray. He is the most precious thing to me and boasting about my knowledge about him causes pride to swell in my chest.

"Everything. I don't know much about his wolf, though I've seen him in lots of textbooks. He seems to be quite a special wolf" To say I'm shocked would be an understatement.

I always knew that Mr. James knew more about wolves than a zoologist does. I'm confused as to why and how he doesn't know about the infamous Midnight Wolf.

"Oh well uhh.." I stutter then regain my thoughts. "Gray is the infamous Midnight Wolf. The strongest and fastest wolf. They are known to behave worse than what Alphas do. They easily get mad and do not like it when they are challenged.

Midnight Wolves can be a female too and they are equally as strong as the males. Midnight Wolves have very strong breeds and it is believed that the Moon Goddess doesn't pair just anyone with one. She chooses a strong fit, one that will be able to breed well.

They are creatures of the night, obviously. They don't bow to anyone but the Moon Goddess and their mates. Everyone else is below them.

They absolutely despise being in a pack that they don't lead. They are also very stubborn. And they want to be the only leaders. They are quite prideful if you ask me. Possessive, territorial and demanding. Most she-wolves actually like that.

You are actually considered very lucky to be mated to one too. They used to worship these wolves but they were killed by werewolf hunters. Humans fear what they can't control. They knew how powerful these wolves are so the destroyed them. They had witches help them make a strong potion that instantly kill them.

But those are just stories but I think I believe them. It is not very common to see a Midnight Wolf. Not because they hide themselves but because they longer exist. Gray must be the last one of his kind" I whisper that last part in sadness.

"I've been studying Gray's kind for years. Ever since I first heard about the general wolves in highschool. Imagine my face when I found Gray at the pet store. I was very happy to know that my all time favourite animal is right infront of me. I told myself not to waste another second and adopted him. I must say, he eats like a thousand times a day.

He looks scary and intimidating upfront but that's because of his origins. He is supposed to look like that but he is actually a big softie. Get close to him and you'll understand what I'm saying. Though I doubt he'd let you.

The only people has has tolerated and didn't feel like gobbling up are my friends Jenni and Chris. He seems to be a little agitated today and I don't know why" I frown and face Gray. "Come here Gray" I whisper.

His slight whining stops and he comes to me. He muzzles his head in my neck and inhales my scent. An electric like feeling shoots up my neck and I sigh, enjoying the feeling. He growls possessively before purring.

The buzzing I felt earlier comes alive. The room glows a bright white light and I hear, Mr. James gasp.

Gray lifts his head and stares at me in wonder and confusion. Through his eyes, I see that I'm glowing. My blonde wig has disappeared and my black hair with white roots floats around in the air as if I'm under water. My eyes are glowing a blue color and I take a step back, shocked.

In the corner of my eye, Mr. James bows and Gray too. Confused, I raise my palms and stare at them. They are glowing white. Power radiates through me and within. I feel like I can do anything.

As soon as the glowing starts, it stops. I collapse on my knees in exhaustion. My body feels like I've been running around the campus field. My breathing comes out sharp and harsh.

"Oh my" Mr. James breathes. "Venus, do you understand what just happened?" He asks. He seems excited, like he just unwrapped a present and he got the toy he wanted.

I slowly lift my head and gape at him. What the fuck just happened and what the hell is he talking about.

"You... you are one of the Moon Goddess' daughters. You know how she chooses random people to give birth to a daughter of hers who will have some of her powers?" I nod. "You are one of them, Venus. I knew it the moment the wolf barged in here and you went to go calm him down that you are something special. Do you realise that the reason Gray listens to you so well is because you are his mate?

You said it yourself, Venus. Midnight Wolves only listen to their mates and the Moon Goddess. You are almost both of those" He crackles up like he just said something very funny.

None of this is funny to me.

The fuck? I'm the Moon Goddess' daughter? I thought all of that shit was just stories to keep us humans entertained.

None of this makes any sense. I'm Gray's mate?? If so... then what I saw last night wasn't some virtual reality shit. It was real.

Gray had shifted into a human being and I am his mate.

That means...

Gray is a werewolf and I saw his human form last night.

I'm definitely on drugs, cocaine, tick or something worse.