30. Victorian

Today we're headed to the Royals. Arden decided that the sooner the better. We still can't trace the witches and it's concerning us.

The thought of a war against the witches has us shivering in anxiety. We don't know what they have in store for us or how much damage they're going to cause to each and every being.

Arden announced in the pack link about the witches' disappearance and the war they plan to have against us. I'm sure he calmed them down and assured them when they started panicking and murmuring to themselves about the witches, like an Alpha should.

I think it's good that an Alpha informs his pack of impending danger. Why hide it from them? Wouldn't that make them in even more danger? I understand he would be trying to protect and make his pack feel safe but what's the use when the threat is going to attack the pack anyways?

Gray and I shoved everything we thought we would need and soon we were on our way to Clementine, home of the Royals.

( Totally fictious place. I made it up totally. I think )

We drove in two different cars. In the other car was Arden and Lauren while Gray and I occupy this one.

We're Good by Dua Lipa is softly playing on the radio and I make a mental note to download the song. I love Dua Lipa's music. Especially that Hallucinate song. Total hit.

"Are you nervous about meeting the king and queen of my kind?" Gray blurts out unexpectedly and I face him.

"Maybe" I shrug. "Are you?"

"Yes" He chuckles. "I've never met them but I've heard so much about them and the fact that I'll be meeting two people who own my kind is kind of nerve wracking"

"I'm sure it is. I know I would be freaking out if I was a werewolf. But I am excited about seeing the castle. I never thought I'd meet the Royals but it's because I never really found them that interesting" I tell him.

"Ofcourse you don't. Yet you ogle me everytime I'm in my wolf form" He snorts. I roll my eyes but don't bother trying to hide the smile on my face.

"Gray, you know it's different with you. Your my dream animal. My favourite one to. No offence if it's offensive by the way. Your wolf has and will always be mesmerising to me" I mumble, feeling my cheeks grow warm.

Sparks shoot up my arm when he grabs my hand and places a tender kiss on it, making me blush even harder.

"Your fascinating to me too" He simply says. The car goes quiet again and the soft music replaces any other sound.

It's going to be a long three hours.

》》

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I'm gently rocking in strong arms. Judging from the tingles on my exposed skin, I know that it's Grayson carrying me. Too tired to wake up, I allow myself to fall asleep again.

"Venus, you look beautiful. Stop worrying so much about this" Grayson tells me for the millionth time this hour as I inspect my outfit.

I've been changing into and out of different clothes because I'm worried about what the Royals will thinks when they see me. First impressions are very important.

"Gray, you don't understand. It's important that I look good. I can't just approach the Royals looking like I just walked out of the bed. I need to look presentable and they need to be able to see how serious I am about all of this" I tell him, dusting of the invisible dirt on the black jeans I decided to wear.

On top, I wore a grey long sleeve turtleneck and paired my outfit with a pair of combat boots. Today's weather is chilly and I don't want to shake and shiver all through the meeting. Wolves don't get cold nor do they get sick so I don't want to seem weak. My kind is already weak as it is. The human part of me ofcourse.

I coated my lashes with eyeliner and smeared my lips with some chapstick to moisten them then let my natural hair hang in loose curls on the my back. Gray burned all my wigs while I was alseep, claiming that he doesn't like it when I conceal the real me.

"I don't think they care, Venus. I heard they're very nice so I don't think they'd mind what your wearing. Plus, I think you're beautiful. Doesn't that count?"

"Thank you Gray. Really" I sigh, begrudgingly accepting the outfit. I turn and face him with a smile then step towards him and kiss him on the lips.

He is wearing a black suit that look very sexy on him. His hair is in it's usual untamed way and his feet are covered in sleek dress shoes.

Pride swells in my heart as I check out my mate. He looks very delicous. If we weren't going to meet the Royals in a few minutes, I know we would be under the covers going at it like horny dogs.

"Anything for you, my love" He whispers.

I freeze once his words register in my brain but I couldn't really reply before a royal guard walked in.

"Alpha" He bows to Gray before looking at me. "Luna. The King and Queen are ready for you. I have been requested to lead you to his majesties" He informs us. His english is so old. Who even speaks like that nowadays?

It's time.

The walk to his majesties as Rob-the guard-said was nerve wracking. To distract myself, I studied the humongous castle interior.

Everything is royal blue-very cliche-, gold, white and black. Some grey is also present but not as much as the other colours. The castle has both victorian and modern furniture. Paintings of rulers who have died a long time ago are hanging on almost every wall.

It's smells like old books due to the age of the castle and a little bit of lavender. I like the feeling the castle gives me but I know I wouldn't like to live here. It's too lonely.

Rob leads us to a grand door with shiny gold knobs and gently pries it open. The door opens with a groan before we step through.

A high ceiling that has a huge painting on it greets us and I stare at it in awe. Wolves fighting against what looks like vampires and rogues is drawn on the painting. It's beautiful.

It seems the rivalry between wolves and vampires is real and not fictional. Hmm.

"Greetings" A powerful voice booms, causing my eyes to snap to the source.

A man with fair skin and a large build is standing infront of a golden throne, the cushions on it a royal blue velvet. His eyes are a bright green colour that seem as thought they could pierce your soul.

He wears a crisp suit with a royal blue velvet cape draped over his square shoulders, the sides a white fur. A golden crown is placed atop his sleeked back hair.

Power and strength oozes off him and I know if I were a normal wolf, I would have the serious urge to bow to him.

He represents a true king.

"King Darius, it's a pleasure to be in your presence" Arden says after dropping on his knee and bowing to the King. Lauren bows and greets the Royal too.