12. Explanation

"I have been looking everywhere for you" The Alpha sobs, getting up from his knees and walks closer to Gray. "Where have you been?" He chokes.

A warning growl escapes Gray's throat but that doesn't stop the old man. Gray steps back, forcing me to step back too.

Trust me guys, I love Gray to death but I really don't to get my head stuck up his ass. It's deadly in there. One whiff and your done for.

"Grayson" The old man sobs. My heart breaks at the sight of his saddened face. Wait how does he even know Gray's name?

You can tell that he hasn't stopped grieving for whatever he is grieving. Heavy eyebags lay like deflated airbags beneath his eyes. His eyes are sunken down and tired. The definite look of grief.

"It's okay, my boy. Don't be scared. Just shift so I can see how grown you are" The Alpha speaks softly to Gray, as if demanding him or yelling at him would break him.

I give Jenni a questioning look but she just shrugs and mouths "I don't know". I refocus my attention on the scene unfolding infront of me. Who is this man and why does he claim that Gray is his son?

It makes me think. Is this where Gray was originally from? Did Greg find him shivering in the cold alone in these woods?

"Call the Luna. Tell her it is important" The Alpha commands and a wolf nods but doesn't move. Oh, right. Mindlinking.

The Alpha reaches a very still Gray and gently places his palm on his forehead. Surprisingly, Gray doesn't growl or make any move to rip the man apart, instead he leans into his touch. It's like he is familiar with the touch but hasn't felt it in a long time.

The man places another palm on Grayson's face then hugs him. Squeezing him like his life depends on it.

"I'm so sorry, Grayson. I should have fought harder. I shouldn't have let them take you away from us. You were so young. I'm sorry, Grayson. I'm so so sorry" The Alpha sobs.

"A-Arden?" A soft feminine voice calls as a beautiful lady walks out the shadows wearing clothes that are clearly designed for the male species.

The Alpha, whose name is Arden,  reluctantly let's go of Gray and turns to the woman. "Lauren, look" He whispers, pointing at Gray.

The woman, Lauren, scrutinizes Gray before letting out a loud gasp. Her hands clamp her open mouth and tears well up in her green eyes.

"Grayson?" She mumbles.

"It's him, Lauren. It's our son" Arden chokes, his lip trembling yet he still manages to smile.

Lauren runs to a still Gray and wraps her small arms around him. She sobs while Arden wraps his arms around both Gray and his wife. How he managed to do that amazes me.

After a few more minutes of watching them sob and cry over their supposed son, I decide to speak.

"Okay, I'm confused. Jenni, you mind explaining what the fuck is going on?" I hiss. Just because these people claim that Gray is their "son" doesn't mean I trust them.

Rage and confusion swims in my blood while I glare at my best friend, who gulps.

"V, I can explain" She starts.

"So fucking explain!!" I yell.

Seeming to snap out of his daze, Gray shrugs Lauren and Arden of him then moves to stand protectively infront of me. The old Gray comes back and he begins snarling and growling at everyone. Even at Jenni.

The unshifted wolves growl back in warning and step forward but Arden raises his palm and they stop.

"Forgive us, Ms. It's just that we haven't seen our son for 10 years and we have been looking everywhere for him. Thank you for bringing him to us, you may leave now" Arden says.

"Alpha, she doesn't know that our kind exists. Sure, she might have seen you shift infront of her and she studies and loves our kind, she doesn't know we actually exist. She doesn't even know about Grayson" Jenni explains.

I scoff. "Gray is not going anywhere with you" I sneer. "Let's go Gray. I'm too tired for this shit" I tell Gray then turn around and walk away.

I hear Gray huff before he turns and follows me. Good boy.

"Ms.! You need to come back" I hear Arden yell.

"Arden, she's taking our son" Lauren sobs but I ignore them.

"Venus!" Jenni yells. "Please stay and I'll explain everything to you!!" Her words make me halt.

"You promise?!" I yell back.

"Yes. Now come back" She says desperately. I groan but walk back, nonetheless.

"If you leave anything out I will have Gray claw your boobs out" I whisper in her ear then follow the wolves.

After walking for a while, I start seeing a small town. There aren't any tar roads but there are small houses and businesses. Not far after the town is a large building. Well, more like a mansion.

The wolves lead us to the mansion and Gray walks closer to me. I think he still doesn't trust them.

Me too, buddy. Me too.

I ignore the beautiful victorian interior and concentrate on keeping my guard up. I may be amongst my favourite animals but I'm still sceptical of them.

My heart wants to trust them but my mind doesn't. I'm stuck between choosing my heart and my mind but I know which one is safer at this moment.

My mind.

They lead us to a large office. The other wolves leave, leaving just me, Gray, Jenni, Lauren and Arden.

"You may take a seat" Arden offers but I decline. I'd rather not.

He nods in understanding then takes a seat behind the mahogany desk. Lauren obviously stands to his right with a hand on his chair.

You can tell she has done that a lot. Which means, she has been Luna for a long ass time.

"Okay, start explaining" I state.