25. Pain

Okay, because Aquatis is still recovering from yesterday's events, I have no training for the rest of the week.

But I'm not going to lounge around for the rest of the week, I'm going to do combat training. Gasorum had left me a note that read;

Make sure to use your free time for something important. Don't be lazy!

-Gasorum

The note disappeared as soon as I was finished reading it. It's a smart move from her actually. That way, no one will know about the note or where it came from.

I've also decided to train with Gray. I want to spend more time with him and if training is the way then I'll take it.

When I woke up today, Gray was quietly snoring beside me in his wolf form. I guess his body is exhausted from being in human form for so long. I'm surprised he even lasted these past two months without shifting into wolf form.

I'd usually fall asleep and wake up with him being in wolf form already. I guess he is pushing himself to stay human for as long as possible.

We took a bath together then I got dressed in some work out gear consisting of some black shorts and a grey tank top. I covered my feet with some running shoes then tied my hair into a high ponytail and placed a white head band on to keep the baby hairs out of my face.

We headed downstairs for breakfast then headed straight to the training grounds. Wolves were littered everywhere both in human and wolf form. I wonder where Arden and Lauren are.

"Luna! Over here!" A male voice calls for me.

I straighten my back and search for the source of the voice. I see a slightly muscular boy waving frantically at me and I walk towards him.

Gray cautiously follows me, nodding at the wolves greeting him. No matter how many times I witness Gray's power over the wolves, I'm still in awe over it.

He knows he is more superior than them yet he doesn't show off. He never uses his power over the wolves for his personal gain. It's only when it is important that he does.

Gray is amazing and I'm so lucky to have him as my soulmate.

"Hello" I politely greet, smiling at the boy. He looks no older than 25 years.

"Hello Luna" He bows. "My name is Daniel Spears. I am the second in command warrior and I was assigned to help train you. I hope I will be able to aid you in anything you need" He says before finally straightening his posture from the bowing one.

"Thank you, Daniel" I blush. "Oh and call me Venus"

"Unfortunately I can't. It is against my nature to call someone as respected as you by their name. I have to call you Luna or my wolf and I will feel disrespectful towards you. Plus, I don't think Alpha Grayson would appreciate another male addressing his mate by their name" He tells me, smiling softly.

I chuckle and rub Gray at the spot behind his ears. Gray purrs and wags his tail really fast. "Okay. If you say so"

Daniel nods. "As a warm up, you and Alpha Grayson will jog to the river and back three times then I'll tell you what else you'll be doing" He gently instructs.

I mentally groan at the thought of running. I may have an athletic build but I really despise running. It's tiring.

Running is good for your health, Venus. Plus you are not doing this just for your self. You are doing this for the survival of the wolf kind and your mate's well being.

Oh. Your back?

I never left.

So you trust Gasorum?

Yes. She would not have gone against her sisters just for the fun of it. She knows what they will do to her when they find out about what she has done yet she did it anyways. It proves her own distrust towards her sisters.

That makes lots of sense. I know that if I was in her shoes, I don't think I would have gone against my sisters if I didn't trust them. But which two witches are the ones we should not trust?

I do not know but we will need to find out soon. I can sense the war is close.

I give Gray a 'I don't want to run but I'll do it' smile before forcing myself to start jogging to the river. I hear Gray's huffing and I'm reassured that he is running with me.

》》

"Now Luna, you will do 25 squats, a 1 minute plank, 50 russian twists and 50 mountain climbers as a starter" Daniel instructs as soon as I come to a halt infront of him, breathing very hard.

I can feel my lungs burning with fatigue and I dread the soreness I'll be feeling after all of this.

With a slight groan, I outstretch my arms and bend my knees into a squat. I hear Gray make a sound of approval and I roll my eyes. Perv.

One.

I straighten my knees and drop my hands next to me before bending again.

Two.

This is going to be a long week.

》》

Pain. All I know and feel is pain. Yes, I just quoted the bot from Teen Titans.

Pain everywhere on my body, even my boobs hurt but that's because Gray accidentally punched them when he tried to place his large paws on my shoulders.

I may have let out a few choice words and almost drowned Gray but I forgave him. It was an honest mistake. Jenni and Chris also came to see me. Jenni and I made up and she apologised for being so inconsiderate about how I feel about all of this.

Speaking of Gray, I still want to make it up to him. I'm thinking a trip to the city and some quality time together.

Before I get to bed, I lay in the bath full of ice cold water. After laying in there for a whole hour, I dress into some cotton pyjamas and climb into the bed. I'm out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillows.