37. Words Of Affection

"Anything from the witches so far?" Darius asks.

We're back in that room again and we're all seated as before. I may physically be here but mentally, I'm not.

I'm still trying to figure out how to break the news to Gray. Do I just come up to him and be like 'Babe, I'm preggos' or what? Surely I can't say that. That'd just be weird.

"How'r we going to turn out victorious if our key to victory isn't even focused?" Archer, the Viking King's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

I look up from my wringed together fingers and stare sheepishly at everyone's judgemental looks.

"Sorry" I mumble.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it!" He yells, slamming his pale fist on the table, his heavy-looking-cloth attire shaking from his movements.

"Well your going to have to take it" I sneer, glaring at him.

"You little bitch! Yer don't deserve to be here!" He abruptly stands up, pointing his thick finger at me.

Gray growls at stands up too. "Don't talk to her like that" He snarls.

"I'm not scared of you, boy" Archer spits and I roll my eyes.

I gently tug Gray back on his seat as I continue glaring at the Viking. "We don't have time for this, Archer. Sit your fat ass down and shut the fuck up"

Flabbergasted, he stumbles back on his seat. I nod approvingly and give the 'carry on' look to Ignis.

"No. They have been quiet, which is very concerning. We can't keep sitting in here and discussing a very obvious plan when we should be gathering as many warriors as we can and training" She advises, her patience barely there.

Maximus nods in agreement. "Yes. We are wasting precious time by being in here. We need to start being practical" He orders something in Russian to one of his warriors and they scatter out the room.

We all gather ourselves and make out way to our rooms, the Kings ordering their warriors to gather their warriors and have them prepared for training.

As Gray and I approach the room, my anxiety increases. I need to tell him. No more stalling.

After closing the door, he faces me expectantly before striding towards me.

"Something is on your mind, I can feel it. You mind sharing or are you not ready to talk about it?"

I nod before plopping on the bed and patting the spot next to me. He obliges and takes my hands in his, pressing a light kiss on my knuckles.

"Gray... I don't know how to tell you this. Please believe me when I say that I've only known for less than a week but I'm not entirely sure" I stutter, my words a mess.

He chuckles as his thumb rubs on the back of my hand soothingly, creating the familiar sparks.

"It's okay. You can tell me" He encourages.

"Don't freak out, okay?" He nods. "I-I'm.. I uhm-" Fuck, why can't I just say it?

"You don't have to tell me, Venus. I can tell it's very difficult for you to share and I'm not pushing. Just tell me when you're ready, okay?" He says, then kisses me on my temple before moving his large bodu to his suitcase to change into training gear.

"I'm pregnant" I blurt.

His movements halt and I immediately regret telling him. He is not going to be happy about this. He is soo not going to be happy about this.

"What?" I hear him say, his voice barely above a whisper.

I stand up and start pacing the room. "I can't believe this. I knew this was bad timing and that I probably should have drank some poisonous shit to kill-" His threatening growl cuts my rambling off.

"There will be no killing of my baby" He hisses.

"I'm sorry Gray. I'm sorry I'm pregnant. This is putting us in a more difficult situation and a baby is just an inconvenience. It's already in danger and it hasn't even been born yet" I ramble again. 

He takes long strides towards me before scooping me up, his hands on my waist and spins me. I burst out laughing at his antics, my head thrown back.

"We're having a baby!" He yells, laughing with me before he lowers me onto the ground and wrapping his large arms around my waist. "We're having a baby" He mumbles in my ear.

I feel a small drop of moisture hit my bare shoulder and my grin falters. "Gray, what's wrong?" I ask, pulling away slightly.

His eyes are glossed over with tears and his plump lips are quivering as he tries hiding his face from me.

"I'm just so happy" He croaks. "You have no idea how happy I am right now, Venus. All I ever want is to start a family with you and to hear that my dream is coming true.. it just makes me emotional" By the end of his speech, I'm crying too.

"I want to start a family with you too" I laugh-sob, an ugly sound if you ask me, before snaking my arms around his neck and burying my face in it.

"I love you, Venus" He sobs, his hold on me tightening.

"Oh Gray. I love you too baby. So much" I cry.

After calming ourselves down, Gray pecks me on the lips and tells me to get ready before Rob's infamous knock is heard.

Rob then leads us to the training field were dozens of men and women are dressed fit for the occasion and seriousness written all over their faces.

I guess for the sake of keeping order, every being had it's own training section and then there are sparing spots were different beings are going against each other.

It's a marvellous sight and it has my excitement growing.

Gasorum appears infront of us, making me jump at her sudden appearance. "Jeez, Gasorum. No smog as a fore warning or something?" I mumble with a hand placed on my my frantic heart.

She nods at Gray before adressing me. "You and I need to talk. It's important" She says, ignoring my near death.

"Even if you tell me in secret, Gray is eventually going to find out, so what is it?" I sigh. If anything, I just want some oreos and some dick. That's it.

She rolls her eyes before gently placing her palms over my bare stomach. Much to Gray's dismay, I'm wearing a sport bra and some short tights. I look very sexy if I'm being honest.

"I sense a baby in you, Venus. A strong one" She tells me. Her smokey orbs staring right into my soul, making me squirm uncomfortably.

"I had a feeling I was, I mean, I had all the symptoms. I just wasn't quite sure. I just told Gray so your words are atleast confirming my suspicions" I state.

She smiles gently before removing her hands from my belly. "I congratulate the both of you. Even though this baby has come at a very inconvenient time, I'm sure it will bring great joy to you" She tells us.

"I am worried about it's safety. If Aquatis finds out, she will do everything in her power to destroy it" Ofcourse Ignis had ruin the sentimental moment with her realistic self.

I frown slightly and set my gaze towards her approaching figure. "I know. That's why I'll make sure to be super cautious during the fight. I don't want to lose it when I haven't even held it in my arms yet"

"Your baby boy will most likely be fine. He is ofcourse a trybrid" Gasorum assures us, glaring slightly at Ignis.

"Wait. Boy? Trybrid? What the actual fuck did you just say Gasorum?" I gasp.

A/N

I cant believe this! 😭 Venus has just two chapters left then and epilogue. 😭😭

Our journey is almost over😭😭

*me totally not getting emotional over this.

Anyways.

Love yall
Fezikhumalo ❤❤ 😭😭