10. Happiness

"V, are you okay? You've been acting quite strange these past few weeks and Chris and I are starting to get concerned" Jenni's worried voice sounds through the speakers of my phone.

"I'm okay Jenni" I sigh. "I'm just feeling a little down that's it" I explain. I'm not particularly lying, the stress of my finals is starting to get to me.

Add the discovery I've made and I'm just a ticking time bomb. I can't eat without feeling like I'm about to throw up and I can't look at Gray without feeling slightly creeped out. What's worse is he has been stuck to my hip ever since that event in Mr. James' class.

It was also difficult to give Gray a bath but I successfully cleaned him. He shoook his fur and dried himself of, giving me less work to do.

Jenni sighs. "V, I've known you for a long time so I know when your lying"

"Jenni-"

"No" She snaps. "Open the fucking door and let me in" She hangs up.

I groan but unlock the door for her, nonetheless. Before I can even prepare myself, she throws herself on me.

"Jen-nni, can't b-breathe" I wheeze. She instantly lets go and closes the door. "Chris not following you like a lost puppy today?" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"No. He is hanging out with his loser friends but said he'll call you tonight to check up on you" She says. She leads me to my room where Gray is resting on my bed, slightly shaking.

I neatly pack the books and papers on my bed away then drop myself on it.

"Hey, Gray" Jenni coos, Gray just blinks at her. "Honestly, V. Gray is really adorable and there is something about him that is just so... yummy, you know what I mean? It's like he's sexy in a beastly way. So rough and big. I wonder how big his di-"

"Okay, Jenni" I groan. "I really don't want to hear you say that ever again"

"Shut up, you know I'm right" She laughs. This is why I love Jenni, she always manages to make me smile no matter how down I feel.

"Tell me about you and Chris. I've been dying to hear all about it" I mumble.

Her face turns red as she recalls what happened. "Well, we went to his dorm room to talk-"

"You mean fuck?" I snicker. She playfully slaps my ass and narrows her eyes at me.

Gray growls in warning. "Sorry, Gray but your wife is very disgusting" I tense at the words your wife. Even though she didn't mean any harm, her words still make me freeze.

Images of getting married to the human Gray and having kids play in my mind. I instantly push them away and focus on Jenni. I need to tell her. I need to tell someone before I lose my shit.

But I'll wait for her to finish her story before telling mine. It would be rude to cut her off when I am the one who asked about it in the first place.

"We spoke about how we felt about each other and stuff. He then told me that if I'm not ready for anything then he'll wait for me" She bites her lip after saying that. "Ugh, V. He is so sweet and thoughtful. I've never met a guy like him. I'm so glad I lost my virginity to him or I would've absolutely felt horrible losing it to some prick who doesn't even give two shits about me. I told him I'd do this only if we take things slow. No rushing. So we're going on a date in two weeks and I'm so excited!" She squeals. Seeing her so happy makes me happy.

She deserves happiness. Both of them do and they deserve to feel it with each other. My lips curl into a grin as I watch my best friend gush about how much of a gentleman Chris is and how gentle he was when they did it for the first time.

"I'm happy for you, Jenni. For the both of you. I know that Chris will make you happy and you will make him happy"

"Thanks, V. That means a lot to me" She smiles. "He also might have maybe blurted out that you like him" Her voice raises a pitch with every word until her face is scrunched in a wince.

"Liked" I correct. "I liked him. Now I don't" I laugh.

"Okay, I feel much better now" She breathes. "I was feeling so guilty about doing this to you, V. I didn't want to hurt your feelings"

"It's okay, Jenni. I'm over him" I say and wave her off. "Plus I have Grayson, now" I blush and pet his back.

He growls in approval but doesn't move from his comfortable position.

"Alright, enough about me. My main purpose on being here is to talk to you. So, what's up?" She folds her legs and gets comfy, waiting expectantly for my explaination.

"It's okay, Jenni. I don't want to ruin your mood with my seriousness" I whisper.

"Fuck that shit, V. I'm your best friend. Your burdens are my burdens and vise versa" She exclaims, making me sigh.

I grab what I thought was my hair and rubbed. When something falls over my face, I realise that it was my beanie. I've kept my real hair hidden from everyone, including Jenni and Chris.

I don't know where I got my hair color from but it is quite peculiar. My roots and tips are snow white but the rest of my hair is black. I keep my hair hidden from the world because I hate it when they ask questions about it.

"Did you dye it?" "Is it really your hair?" "Why dye your hair in such a weird way?" All of these questions I've heard most of my life. Because I was annoyed with all the questions, I bought myself blond wigs and beanies to hide.

Jenni gasps and quickly scrambles of the bed. She stares at me like a deer caught in headlights.

"V-venus... what the fuck happened to your blonde hair?" She coughs out.

Well, atleast she didn't ask one of those annoying questions.