31. The King and Queen

Gray's cheeks turn a slight pink before he bows down too, pulling me along with him.

"Oh no. You do not bow to me, Grayson" King Darius chuckles, his voice deep and powerful. The Queen must be wet almost everyday just by hearing the King's voice.

I know I need to clench my thighs almost every time Gray uses his commanding voice. Seriously sexy.

"Oh, my apologies your Highness" Gray stutters before pulling us up.

"Your son is adorable, Arden. Does he not know of his wolf? I can feel it from here" The King bemuses, staring at Gray in amusement before bowing respectfully.

Now this has me gaping like a fish. The Werewolf King just bowed to Gray. From my studies, the King's wolf does not bow to anyone. It makes me wonder how superior Gray's wolf is exactly.

"I lost him immediately after his first shift, as you might have heard, your Highness. He doesn't properly know the morals of his wolf as I have yet to teach him" The english everyone is using here is making my head spin.

'As I have yet to teach him' who says that? I don't think Queen Elizabeth even remembers this type of english.

"No worries" Hehe. Hakuna Matata.

The Queen uses this opportunity to rise from her throne and gracefully step towards us, her blonde hair swaying on her back.

She wears a beautifully elegant dress that is a purple-ish black-ish colour. She has the same cape draped on her shoulders but slightly shorter to not weigh her down.

A beautiful crown with blue gemstones rest on her head and it glimmers in the sunlight. She oozes confidence and power but you can feel the kindness in there too.

Once she is standing next to the King, she gives Gray a small curtsy and nods at his parents. I also notice the look Darius gives me.

"Welcome to the palace. I am Queen Nella" She introduces herself, also giving me a peculiar look.

"Venus" I politely smile, ignoring their strange looks.

"You bring a witch to my kingdom, Arden? Are you trying to play games with me or is it clear disrespect?" Darius calmly says but the seriousness behind the words has me shrinking into Gray's side, who the wraps an arm around my waist and gives it a squeeze in reassurance.

Arden's head drops in submission and Gray growls. "Venus is not one of those evil beings" He spits, his eyes darkening. He clearly feels disrespected.

Nella's face slightly pales and she takes a discreet step backwards. "I did not mean to offend you, Gray" Darius blurts. His eyes potray a calmness but his body screams nothing but fear.

"Your Highness, my son's mate Venus is the one who suggested we come to you. A war is brewing and we need to discuss solutions before it is too late" Arden buts in.

"You dare order me in my own kingdom?" Darius growls, causing Gray to let out a more powerful one.

"Don't speak to my father like that!" Gray warns and I get a glimpse of his protruding canines.

I place my hand on his bicep to calm him down but he shrugs it off and takes threatening step towards the King.

"Gray" I whisper but he ignores me.

"Shut up, mutt" Darius snaps. That seems to be the last straw for Gray because the next thing I know, Lauren is pulling me away from the now shifted Gray. His gaint wolf now snapping it's jaw at Darius.

Darius growls as he shifts into a huge brown wolf that is shorter than Gray, shredding his Armani-looking suit, his cape falling to the floor. Darius may be king but Gray is much more powerful than he will ever be.

"Gray! Gray stop!" I yell, wiggling in Lauren's vice grip.

I need to stop them. They can't fight. We are supposed to be focused on the war, not on who is more superior than the other.

My plea fell into deaf ears because Gray just lunges for Darius.

I don't know what happened. One second I'm trying to break free from Lauren's grip then the next I'm floating between the two giant wolves.

"Stop!" I demand, my voice strong and more powerful than my own. "We have much more important things to talk about. We don't have time to snap each others necks"

The two wolves snap their necks in my direction before Darius shifts. A guard rushes over to him and drapes the fallen cape on the stark naked King.

"L-Luna Se-Selene?" Darius whispers, gaping at my glowing form. I hear a faint gasp coming from Nella but I ignore it.

He takes a cautious step towards me, his legs quivering in shock. He drops on his knees and lowers his head.

One by one everyone in the room does the same, except  for Gray. I told him he should never bow to me when I start doing this whole glowing and floating shit. I told him he is my equal and neither of us have power over the other.

He understood what I said because it's exactly the same with him. He feels the same with me and his wolf. That is why I have no urge or instinct to bow to him. He holds no power over me.

I remember when I was talking him for a walk in the woods (without the leash) a deer, bunny, normal wolf, a dog and a stray cat all bowed to him. The owner of the dog was bewildered with the behaviour of his dog. He kind of reminded me of Stan Lee.

He also said: "Your wolf is strong. I have never seen such submission before. Instead of my dog and the wolf bowing to him, all the other animals bowed too. It just proves how powerful your wolf is. Take care dear"

It was a... weird moment but it left a smile on my face. "Forgive us, Luna Selene. We did not mean to be disrespectful" Darius says.

"Your forgiven" I say, nodding my head in approval. It's like I'm seeing things through another person. "Call every King and Queen there is, inform them of the war against the Elemental Witches. Tell them they need to be here as soon as possible" I order before my body drops on the floor with a thud.

Grayson scrambles to me and cradles my head in his lap. "Venus? Baby? Are you okay?" He rushes out. His eyes glint with concern and I allow my mouth to curve into a small smile, my heart fluttering at the nickname 'babe'.

"I'll be okay, Gray. No need to get so worried" I croak, all the energy in my body drained.

It's been a long time since I've done this glowing thing so my body not used to the amount of energy being drained from it.

I feel a warm and wet substance slide down my nose so I bring my finger up and touch it. Blood coats my fingers and I sigh. I over used my powers.

"I want Mcdonalds" I pout, my eyes droopy and my body heavy.

"I'll ask somebody to bring it to you once you've healed" He chuckles, causing his chest to vibrate. It is then that I realise something.

Gray is naked.

"Your naked Gray" I whisper, already blushing.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before" He winks and I giggle.

I taught him the bad boy ways well.