15. The Pack

"Morning, Ms. Venus" Lauren greets as Jenni and I enter the kitchen, smiling at the both of us as she eats her breakfast.

"Morning" I chirp. "And please, call me Venus" I add and she nods.

Wow, V. Where did all this politeness come from? Is the Luna in you coming out already?

"Morning, Luna" Jenni greets, respectfully bowing. Lauren warmly nods at her.

I take a seat next to her on one of the barstools and Jenni sits next to me. A cook walks out a door with two plates of toast, eggs, bacon and a bowl of fruits.

My mouth waters at the site of food and as soon as the cook places the food infront of me and Jenni, we dig in.

He disappears behind the door again before walking out carrying a huge bowl of everything for Gray.

That lucky wolf. I would do anything for that big bowl of everything.

Just as I take a bite out of the banana, Alpha Arden walks in. He greets us and we greet back before he kisses Lauren on the cheek and dives into the food he was given.

"Did you girls sleep well?" He asks.

Jenni and I nod. "Yes, Alpha" I say.

Jeez, V. Your being so different.

"Oh no" He chuckles. "Please, call me Arden"

I nod again.

That's a lot of nodding for not even half of the day.

"Lauren and Jenni will show you around, Venus. I apologise but I have tons of pack work to do and I can't not do it" He smiles.

"It's okay. I'm sure we'll be fine" I assure him.

》》

"Gray! Gray, stop!" I yell as I chase after him.

After breakfast, Lauren and Jenni walked with me through the pack. They told me every thing about anything. Pack members would stop and stare at us, obviously more at the human before greeting their Luna.

So how did I end up having to chase Gray through the woods?

Easy, Gray saw a deer and decided 'hey, food!' before zooming through the woods, really fast.

"Gray!!" I scream, feeling the panic rise. I feel like I'm seeing things through Lauren and Arden's eyes as I run after my wolf.

The fear of him being caught again and chained up in silver has my throat clogging up with tears.

Skidding to a stop, he huffs. Panting like a weirdo, I rush to him and collapse on his side.

"Oh, Gray. You scared the fuck out me" I huff, squeezing his huge body.

"What was he chasing after?" Jenni asks, making me lift my head out of Gray's thick fur.

"Huh?"

"What was he chasing after?" She repeats, chuckling at me.

"A deer" I mumble, not worried about her hearing me. I'm on the verge of tears. "Don't ever do that Gray. Don't ever leave me. Never ever or I will kill you" I sob and hug him tighter.

Later that day, we head back to the house for dinner. Their usual pack dinner was cancelled today due to me being there. Arden said he didn't want the pack to overwhelm me with questions. I tried to get the leaders to continue with it but ofcourse, their stubbornness won.

After eating, Gray and I head upstairs for bed. I take a shower and wear the pyjamas I wore last night then climb into bed.

Gray climbs on with me and lays his head on my belly. He purrs when I weave my fingers into his thick fur. Tingles shoot my arm and I sigh.

》》

Jenni was right. I should have been accustomed to everything yet... when I'm woken up with the same horrific sound from that night two weeks ago, I'm scared shitless. 

Bones are snapping and popping, Gray is whining, whimpering and growling. His gaint body is moving in angles it definitely shouldn't be.

You know what's worse with all of this?

He is literally next to me this time. Not on the floor like last.

It's creeping me the fuck out and I know I should scream for Jenni or something yet I'm frozen. I can't seem to move my body and eyes away from.

I just can't stop looking.

"Gray?" I whisper. It's stupid to I know but it's all I can do in my state of mind.

Few more minutes later, a naked man lays next to me. His chest rising and falling with harsh breaths, like he was running through the forest.

He lays in a horizontal way. His back facing the headboard and his head laying near mine. The best way to describe it is him laying like a fetus.

'Gray' twitches before moving into a kneeling position. He huffs before slowly raising his head.

And there they are.

The striking blue eyes that penetrate my soul, the sharp jaw that could cut through the thickest tension and plump rosy lips that should be able to drive you insane.

"Gray?" I stutter, willing myself not to black out again. My eyes are wide and mouth is ready to catch the annoying mosquitoes flying around in the room.

"Venus?" He says, in the most velvety and deep voice I've ever heard.

I can feel it. My eyes beginning to roll to the back of my head. Quickly, he grabs my head and stares deep into my eyes. If I thought the sparks were too much when I rubbed his fur then I'm up for a surprise when I feel the sparks from his fingers.

For some weird reason, I don't faint again.

"Please don't faint again" He whispers. Que the shiver of pleasure.

"I won't" He nods before gently helping me sit upright.

"I'm hoping I stay for as long as possible" He says.

"Why can't you be in human form for long?" I ask.

"My father didn't train me to shift back when I was-" He winces, not being able to finish his sentence.

When he was kidnapped.

Me being Princess Anna from Frozen, I finish his sentence in my head. Typical.

"I'm sorry for what happened 10 years ago. No one should ever go through what you went through" I gently say, surprisingly meaning every word I say.

"Thank you, Venus" Gosh, the way he says my name makes me want to pass out.

"Your welcome" I grin.

"Your very beautiful. I've never met any woman as beautiful as you" He blurts and just after he says that, I see a light blush tint his cheeks.

"Thank you" I blush too.

Damn his eyes are gorgeous. Are they a pair of glow in the dark or are they sinply bright? How can one hold such plump and rosy lips? I can't even achieve them with lipstick. Yes, even matte. And the Kyle Cosmetics.

I'm jealous.

"I didn't mean to scare you today" He says, breaking the silence that fell upon us. 

"Huh?" I ask. What is he talking about.

"Today. When I ran after the deer. I didn't mean to scare you, my wolf wanted to hunt and since I don't know how to control it yet, he ran after it" He explains, clearing my confusion.

"It's okay" I whisper. "It was one of those moments where you can't control what you do"

"Thank you. For saving me from those scary men"

"Your welcome, Gray. I'd do it over again if I have to" I smile but my eyes are droopy. "I'm sleepy" I mumble, already lowering my back on the bed.

"Get some rest. I'm sure we have another long day tomorrow, my beautiful mate" His smooth voice is the last thing I hear before I fall asleep.