6. Permission

Before I can make it out the school premises, I hear my name being called. Gray immediately snaps his head around and snarls at the man who I realise is principal Levington. I whisper in Gray's ear and rub his jaw to calm him down. His stance loosens effectively and I grin.

Guess I'm not the only one whipped.

"Ms. Brown, may I have a word with you?" He asks, pausing timidly as far away from Gray as possible.

"Sure, Mr. Levington. Is there a problem?" I sweetly ask and he sighs.

"I understand that this is your last two weeks of school but I still do expect you to follow the rules" He states and quirks an eyebrow in expectation.

"I know, Mr. Levington and I assure you that this will not happen again" I say but he and I both know that it will be hard taming such a wild animal.

He sighs and removes his glasses then rubs the bridge of his nose. I can tell that the next few words are ones he never thought he'd say.

"Ms. Brown. I understand your situation and I'm more than willing to help" A grin on my face grows due to his words. "But... I will have to see your permit and the adoption papers in order for me to know that you own the wolf legally" I blush at the memories of me selling drugs on school premises.

It was a dark time for me so I decided to start selling drugs to make some cash. I mean, it was hard finding a job since I had just recently been kicked out my foster home and because I was already eighteen, I was left to fend of on my own.

I almost became a stripper too.

"Bring these documents to me first thing in the morning so I can make copies incase the cops show up" He says and I nod. I turn to leave but am stopped by him calling me. "Also, Ms. Brown... "

"Yes?" I ask, eager to go home.

"Please ensure that the wolf doesn't harm anybody" He warns.

I grin. "That won't happen, I promise" I assure him. He nods before taking his leave.

I face Gray and squeal. "Did you here that Gray? I get to bring you to school!" I squeal then engulf him in a hug. He purrs and I giggle.

People who are passing by just give me concerned looks and I flip them off. I lift my head and see my two best friends hurrying to me.

They momentarily freeze at the sight of Gray before rushing over to me. I feel Gray's chest vibrate and I rub his fur.

"Slow down" I warn and they do it almost immediately. I chuckle and kiss Gray right before his ear.

"What in the fuck!" Jenni hisses, throwing her manicured hands in the air.

"Yeah, V. What the fuck is wrong with you, bringing a fucking wolf to school" Chris scolds.

I shrug. "I didn't bring him to school. He followed me. There's a difference" I correct.

Jenni rolls her eyes. "Whatever, V. What's important is that... huge ass thing" She points to Gray.

I frown and whisper affectionate words to Gray. "Gray is not a thing, Jenni. I love him and nothing or nobody is going to come between us" I state.

"Okay, Juliet" Chris snorts.

I've known these two idiots ever since I was eighteen. They found me drunk of my ass on the streets with my dress hanging on a loose thread. No, it wasn't because I was mauled or something, it was because I was almost raped but managed to fight the fucker off. Successfully ripping my pretty dress in the process.

They helped me off my feet and pretty much got me where I am. I don't know where I'd be without them. I will forever be grateful to these two.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jennie whispers. Her hurt tone sends guilt through my body and I sigh.

"I'm sorry you guys. I forgot and I have no excuse as to why I didn't tell you. But on the bright side, I only got him yesterday so it wasn't such a long period to hide him away from you guys and Mr. Levington has allowed me to bring him to school for the rest of the two weeks" I ramble.

"It's okay, we forgive you but don't hide anything from us again" She says then smiles. I'm only a year younger than them yet they act as if I'm five years old.

"Is it me or does he look very familiar. Like I've seen him somewhere, a book or something" Chris wonders aloud, a thoughtful look on his face.

Squeals threaten to escape my lips but I swallow them down. "Now that you've mentioned it, I can see it too" Jenni says.

"Guys" I laugh. "This is a Midnight Wolf. My dream pet. I adopted him yesterday after school after I heard him whimpering painfully somewhere in the store. It was heartbreaking to hear and I couldn't help but want to see him. You'll never believe me when I tell you that I found him chained up in fucking silver in a room that looks like it belongs in a prison"

They both gasp. "Your telling me that you have a myth as a pet?" Chris exasperates and I nod. "Are you on drugs? Or are you plain crazy? I can never tell with you" I smack his arm and glare at him.

Gray steps forward in a threatening way and they pale. I step infront of Gray and shake my head in disapproval.

"No Gray. These are my friends. They are not a threat to both our lives" I tell him. He snarls at Chris one last time before walking behind me.

For a minute I think he is going to attack them but when I feel him nudge me away from them, relief floods my body.

"Come to my apartment and we'll talk more about him, okay?!" I yell at them as Gray nudges me away. I quickly throw my car keys at them so they can drive it to my place.