13. Long Night

A/N

Dedicated to _c_o_u_r_t_n_e_y_ for making my day with her comments and votes😚😚 your an angel... I swear

-------------------------------------

"Why don't we introduce ourselves first?" Arden offers kindly and I sigh.

"My name is Venus Brown. I'm 24 years old, currently unemployed because I just graduated from college. I adopted Grayson at the local pet store two weeks ago as a graduation gift to myself.

Your Alpha Arden and she is Luna Lauren. I don't know the name of your pack so yeah. Jenni, this bitch, wait no. Is that offensive? To your kind? Okay, actually I don't care because she is a bitch for lying to me about being a werewolf" I say, not even blinking.

They seem surprised at my words and they blink at Jenni. "Told you" She mumbles. "I take serious offence to that, Venus" She adds, glaring at me but I pay her no attention.

"Oh uhm" Arden stutters. "We are The Luna Flumine pack. I am sorry for the rude way we met. It's just that ever since we lost Grayson, we've tighten our security. I hope you understand"

I nod. "What happened 10 years ago? And don't hide anything from me"

"The three of us were training Grayson in the woods. He got too excited about shifting into his wolf for the first time that he ran off. Because his wolf is stronger than any wolf-"

"I know" I state.

He nods again. "He was too fast for us. We ran after him but we were too late. Hunters had taken him. Not werewolf hunters, normal hunters. I guess Gray ran out of the border into human hunting grounds. They had shot him with a silver bullet that weakened him.

We tried running after them but they were already too far. I promise, I ran for as long as my wolf allowed me too but it was no use. We searched everywhere for him but it was like he never existed. We even filed for a missing child case yet the humans could only do so much for us. It... it has been hard without him.

We had just two more years until Grayson could finally take his place as Alpha. But due to the circumstances, I had to stay Alpha for a long amount of time. Too long actually" He explains.

"It breaks my heart to hear that my son was just at the local pet store. Right here yet we didn't know. We searched so hard for you but you were just here" Lauren cries. Arden gets up and comforts his wife, feeling her pain, literally.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you and your pack. I know how much he means to all of you" I say sympathetically, imagining the pain and worry they must have felt during that time.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. Maybe if I had looked harder then we wouldn't be feeling this pain" Arden says, clearly blaming himself for what happened 10 years ago.

"It was no one's fault. It was a mistake and I'm sure you searched as hard as you could" I softly say, knowing I'm right.

It really wasn't his fault. He was just training his son and due to the excitement of him shifting for the first time, none of them suspected that humans were hunting near their pack.

"Thank you, Ms. Brown" Lauren says after calming herself down. "I know you didn't even know about Grayson's kidnap but you adopting him was a true blessing. You saved him from those horrid humans"

I smile. I take no offense to her words. The men at the pet shop were really cruel to Gray. He may look like a beast but he just need some understanding and time. He is really a softie. A very... peculiar and large one.

After our meeting, Lauren leads me and Gray to our room that was prepared during the meeting. She hands me clothes and pyjamas a kind pack member offered to lend me to change into after my shower. I thanked her before she walked out.

"Alright, Gray. Your job is to protect me and be yourself. Don't start acting all freaky on me though. I may know about all of this but I never thought I'd actually see this shit" I say, my attention focused entirely on my wolf.

Tilting his head, he lowers his bum and sits. I sigh. "I'll be in there shower. Don't leave the room" I tell him before entering the bathroom and shut the door behind me with a soft click.

After my shower, I get dressed into the cotton pyjamas and climb under the covers, Gray planted on the ground beside the bed watching me. I pat the spot next to, indicating for him to come lay with me and he doesn't hesitate.

I lay down and Gray snuggles next to me. I rub his fur as I play all the events that happened today in my head.

From sulking in my room, to Jenni showing up unexpected in my apartment, us talking and catching up, my beanie falling of, Jenni panicking and driving us to the woods, to meeting Gray's original pack (finally), up until now.

I'm laying on an unknown bed, in a room inside a house filled with werewolves. Mythical creatures I hoped existed.

It makes me wonder if what Mr. James said in class two weeks ago is true.

Is Gray really my mate? It would explain why he sniffed me so damn much when we first met (though that shouldn't really mean anything.) 

I still have to think about what happened that night. The night I woke up to Gray whimpering and his bones moving in unrealistic ways. Where he then became... a very handsome man.

Gorgeous blue eyes that look like the ocean, hair as black as obsedian and a body that belongs to a roman god statue. Except his dick would be larger but that's not the point.

I glance at Gray with droopy eyes. His piercing eyes seem to be staring straight into my soul. Like he can see all my deepest darkest secrets.

Sometimes I feel like Gray can read my mind whenever we lock eyes. Just like right now.

I feel a shiver run through me and I... enjoy it. Like it. The sparks shooting up my hand from rubbing his fur relax me. Coaxing me into a peaceful slumber.

Tomorrow is going to be a long fucking day.