3. Home

I clip on the leash they've given me around Gray's neck with a smile. He just stares at me as if he is studying me. As if he has never seen a female human that behaves like me before.

I quickly sign the papers and help them make a copy of my permit. Luckily I had decided to bring it.

We are in the main area of the building, infront of the receptionist. It seems that a cat has caught her tongue as she stares at me and the wolf. She seems shell shocked to see me walk out with a humongous wolf.

"Dad, your letting her have the rabid dog?" Precious screeches and I wince. Her voice is so annoyingly pitchy. Wait, redhead is Greg's daughter?

Huh. Who would have thought.

"I have no choice, Precious. It's against the rules to deny a customer his or her choice of a pet" Greg hisses.

She was about to protest when her dad gave her a glare, successfully shutting her up.

I coo at Gray and smother him with a dozen kisses as I wait for Greg to finish signing the forms.

After handing me the copy of the agreement and my permit back, I thank them and leave. I'm thankful that the owner of my apartment building doesn't mind pets but since mine is exotic, I know he'll ask for my permit.

I sigh as I stare at my miniature car. Gray isn't going to fit in there. I walk back into the store with a sheepish smile.

"Grayson isn't going to fit in the car. Do you guys have some sort of transport that will deliver him to my apartment?" I ask. Greg sighs in annoyance. He really doesn't like Grayson or me for that matter.

"Precious" He calls.

"Yes?" She replies, curious.

"Tell one of the guards to get the van ready. We need to deliver the beast to Ms. Venus's apartment as soon as possible" He grumbles before disappearing through the door we came out of.

》》

"Home sweet home, Grayson" I beam while I pull Gray inside. It gets quite difficult because of his big body but I manage to squeeze him in.

He barks. The sound vibrates through my apartment and it has me feeling some sort of way. Pushing the feeling aside, I walk around Gray and lock the door.

I had to ride with him in the van because he didn't want to be alone with the others. He even tried squeezing his gigantic body in my car! Greg drove my car to here and dropped my keys of before climbing in the van and drove of.

I unclip his leash and place it on the counter.

"I trust you, Gray so don't do anything funny. Don't eat me up too. I saved you from Greg's ass and the least you could do is behave" I warn him playfully before patting him and walk to the kitchen to make some dinner.

I had a class from 4-5pm and the whole procedure at the pet store took another hour. The sky is a darkening purple color and stars are starting to shine.

Gray tentatively walks around the apartment and sniffs everything. He disappears in my room before coming out again.

The way he moves is so graceful and majestic. It's as if he knows where this is. It's a wonderful sight to see.

I make a mental note to grab the stuff I bought for him while we were waiting for one of the guards to start the van.

Gray walks to the couch, sniffs it before climbing on it and rests. He purrs a little in comfort before I hear his breathing slow down.

I shake my head and carry on chopping the onions.

》》

"What movie do you want to watch, Grayson?" I ask him while I take a seat with my plate of food next to his head.

He lifts his head and stares at me lazily. His mouth opens up to yawn and I take that opportunity to gawk at his sharp teeth. He makes a yawning sound before staring at my plate hungrily.

"No" I frown. He shouldn't even think of it.

He did.

He inhales my food in just under a minute and I watch him pathetically. I didn't even get to take one bite and he just gobbled up everything.

My frown deepens. "Grayson" I whisper in sadness. My food.

I hear him let out that heartbreaking sound and I immediately want him to stop. He licks my face a little before muzzling his head on my lap.

I sigh then rub the top of his head. "It's okay, Gray. There's more in the pot" I say. I gently move his big head off my lap then go to the kitchen to grab a new plate of food.

Before I take a seat, I call Grayson to the kitchen and he surprisingly obliges. I place the pot of spaghetti on the floor for him to eat. Without wasting another second, his head dives into the pot and the sound of him licking and chewing resonates through the pot.

I sigh in happiness and go to the couch again. I flick through the channels before deciding on watching Ratatouille, my all time favourite.

I hear claws scraping on the floor before black fur comes to view. My big ball of fur climbs on the the couch and rests his head on my lap.

Whoever said that Grayson was a dangerous animal can go fuck themselves. Gray has been nothing but sweet.

Or maybe he is being sweet now and soon he'll be hell and is just trying to get used to me first.

Maybe.

During the whole adopting process, I had forgotten about my classes.

What should I do with Gray? I know that nobody would want to be his petsitter because they'd be too scared of him. Plus I've realised that Grayson isn't fond of humans. I am not even sure if he really likes me the way I like him. Fuck, I sound like Gray is a human being.

Will it be safe if I left him alone? Will he want me to leave him alone? Even if I brought him to school, they wouldn't allow him. There is a no pets allowed policy and Gray counts as one.

And he'd be growling at everyone and scaring them. I might not even be able to hold him secure enough in his leash. He is a big beast after all.

Oh, Gray. If only I had thought about this before hand.