24. Warning

My eyes flutter open and the first thing I see are a pair of worried blue eyes. I groan at the pounding headache and clutch my head.

"Venus, can you hear me?" Gray whispers.

I give him a funny look and get up to sit with my back against the headboard. "Venus, are you okay? Do you want me to call a nurse?" He asks again, causing me to chuckle.

"I'm fine, Gray. No need to worry"

"I have every right to worry, Venus. You scared me. Do you know how worried I was when I felt your impending anger and sadness through the bond?

I don't think you seem to fully understand how concerning it was for me to find you glowing and drowning a water witch in a river bubble" He says sternly. Slightly glaring at me, he sighs.

I hang my head in shame. "I'm sorry, Gray. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just that she said some words that ticked me off and I lost control of myself.

I could see everything that is happening but I couldn't stop it. I was so angry Gray. I know that drowning her wasn't the answer but at that moment it was. It felt... good... to see her struggle like that. Does that make me a bad person?"

"No" He states. "Even though what you did was wrong, you were angry. I can tell she wasn't being very patient with you and I know you easily get annoyed and frustrated by things your struggling to do.

Sure, you saying you enjoyed seeing her suffer sounds sadistic and psychotic, you don't know how to control your powers yet.

Your still learning and it will take some time for you to master them. The witches need to understand that and be more patient with you. No matter how hard it is" He tells me, brushing a stray of hair behind my ear.

"Thanks, Gray" I whisper. He smiles before kissing me on the cheek. "How long was I out?" I ask.

"A couple of hours. I took you straight back here as soon as I had you in my arms and called a doctor"

"Any diagnosis?"

"She just said you need some rest. You may have over used your powers a bit" I nod.

A knock on the door has Gray standing on high alert. I chuckle under my breath at his distress.

The door opens and reveals Gasorum. She clears her throat and enters the room, shutting the door quietly behind her. Every thing she does is so quiet.

"Good evening. I'd like to speak to Venus please" She whispers. Her words sound like she is ordering a krabby patty for the first time.

I'd love to taste it.

"I'm giving you 30 minutes then I'm coming back" Gray states before kissing my forehead and leaves the room.

Not wasting another second, she quickly walks forward and takes a seat next to my legs.

"I came to warn you, dear. Danger is pending and it will cause great destruction. The other two witches aren't really here to help you, Venus. They are here to breed you into a machine that will destroy the wolves.

You must be very careful of everything you do and say. They are always watching. For the sake of your mate's kind, train as hard as you can and don't let them get into your head. Literally.

Train, dear. Train with a mindset that will make you much stronger than them. You are the key to your mate's kind surviving. If you fail during the war, your mate will perish and so will his kind.

Do keep this between us. It is for your safety and your mate's kind. If anyone is to find out you know the witches plans, you will be killed. If they find out I am the one who informed you of all of this, I will be burnt to death.

I will ask the other witch to go into more detail with you since she knows more of this than I do.

Trust none of them" She tells me before disappearing with a puff of smoke. That's the most she's spoken since she has arrived here.

What? A war? Against the witches?

Will we even win. Those bitches have powers, doesn't that kind of give them an advantage?

What did she mean when she said I am the key to the wolves surviving. I am just human. How can my flimsy self save an entire kind? Am I that powerful?

Who are the two witches I shouldn't trust? Is it Aquatis? Gasorum herself? No but that wouldn't make any sense? Why would she tell me all of this, knowing she is risking her life by doing so?

So I'm cancelling Gasorum as my 'suspects.' Then is it Ignis? Or Terra?

It doesn't feel like something Terra would do. She is too kind hearted to do such a thing. Or is it all just a facade?

No. It can't be her.

The only two witches left are Aquatis and Ignis. It does seem like something they would definitely do. More especially Ignis. She really loathes the werewolf kind and she'd obviously jump into killing them.

But what do they gain by doing all of this besides eliminating the wolves? Some sort of power over the supernatural? Serious respect from their coven? What?

My head begins to throb with all the thoughts running inside so I lay my back on the bed and shut my eyes, forcing myself to rest.

I'll deal with all of this shit tomorrow.

If I trust Gasorum, then I'll do as she says. I'll train super hard to ensure the safety of the wolves. I'll keep myself guarded at all times and I'll unfortunately have to keep Gray out of the loop.

It's for his own safety too anyways.

Soon, my body feels lighter and my mind goes blank. Exhaustion clouds me and I fall asleep.

Mentally, physically and emotionally preparing myself for the next coming days, or months.