CHAPTER V

S C O R P I O N

"It's time you showed me this base of ops I've been hearing so much about." I told Proximo as I wiped the blood off my dagger.

An armoured fusion craft dropped before us and a guard had the door open in less time. I nodded at Makayla and she jumped in first before I followed her into the plush interior.

"Eager to do so." Proximo murmured behind me.

The craft rose rapidly and I was offered a drink inside. I shook my head and turned to the beautiful woman beside me. She rolled her eyes and declined the drink too. I brushed a gloved thumb over her cheek clearing a splash of blood. For once I was not the one that had caused it... Her crystal blue met my eyes.

Proximo cleared his throat and I glanced at him.

"When you told me you'd be here soon..." He drawled without finishing.

I leant back deeply into the chair and set an arm behind Makayla as I smirked at him.

"You had it under control."

He scoffed and took a glass before knocking back the drink. "The rebels grow bolder by the day and I don't even have the time to find out what goes on in the upper Sectors."

"So have your sister do some digging." I retorted, unbothered.

He paused and frowned at me. "Dazz has gone dark."

I snorted and stared out the window as the city rushed by. "Good, because after what happened with that shuttle it's best I don't see her in person."

Makayla shot me a quick look before looking back outside. Proximo was wisely silent at that but something still brooded in those steel eyes behind half-face tattoos. I tightened a hand and glared.

"I will have someone look into finding her." I got out curtly.

He glanced at me innocently. "If it's not too much trouble–"

"Shut your mouth Proximo, before I unleash the new Xavier on you." I muttered, glancing at the woman beside me who only smirked as she gazed out the window.

I eyed her clothes more closely. Checking for any injury on her and finding nothing. The blood was wholly from the rebels and not her own. She seemed to have an affinity for the knives strapped to her chest and I could easily guess it was her prior experience with a fencing sword–

"Stop staring." She murmured, without looking my way.

I dipped my head in close to her jaw. "I like your new look." I said in a low voice.

Her blue eyes cut to mine and she arched an eyebrow. It wasn't fair to look so stunning and lethal while she did it. Her blonde hair was in a high plait similar to my own and strands broke free and kissed her face. I wanted to kiss so much more than her face in that moment–

She looked at the other men in the craft who suddenly sent their attention elsewhere.

"Have some professionalism, Scorpion." She smirked, before giving me a darker look. "–and some patience."

I grinned and leaned back in my seat again, leaving my arm over the back of her own.

The craft soon began to descend into a rooftop hatch. I glanced out the window at the unimpressive building. It's only notable feature was its size. We dropped until the surroundings were dark. Then the hatch shut and lights lit the floor around us.