CHAPTER VII

S C O R P I O N

When her breathing finally slowed and she drifted into a deeper sleep, I silently pressed my lips to her temple and left the bed. My holo was already at my face ordering a stealth craft to be prepared to Sector 1.

I was nothing if not true to my word.

The door opened to the lift and slid shut. I commed Proximo. His weary voice responded from a rare sleep himself.

"What's wrong?" He asked, quickly turning into a soldier. 

"Nothing yet. I need a trace."

I heard him quickly rise and glanced as his face glowed blue in my wrist and he typed quickly. 

"Name?" He asked with business like efficiency.

"The second son of President Archeon. Velron." I stated flatly.

There was a brief pause as he looked at me with calculation. He knew exactly what this was about. He finally stopped wasting time and ran bio-scans and data requests. It never took long.

"North West section of Sector 1. I have a building address... New Haven Tower."

I nodded, stepping out the lift onto the armoury floor and pulling armour off walls as I moved.

"My thanks." I said emotionless, strapping a Vanguard to my chest and watching it ripple darkly.

"Do you need backup?"

"No." I said flatly. "I will take care of this myself."

Proximo scanned my face briefly as he considered the repercussions of what his earlier words had done. "I'm coming with you." He finished factually.

I growled and glared down at him. "I think you've done enough for a day."

He disregarded it with a wave and glanced at me. "I'll be at the launch pad in ten minutes, see you soon Scorpion."

He terminated the comm before I could even backhand a response. I sighed through my nose and pulled two guns off the walls. Then stopped before two familiar wicked glinting blades... No vantafish venom was reserved for special occasions, I thought with a smirk.

Four more throwing knives went onto my chest and forearms before I strode back to the elevator. My red cloak whipped behind my heel as I turned sharply.

As soon as the doors opened to the shuttle launch bay Proximo appeared. Arms crossed and a neutral expression in place. I ignored him and stepped around his large form.

"You'll pilot. Nothing else." I ordered without negotiation.

He dropped into stride beside me with a stiff nod and little conversation. It was wise considering my current mood. The stealth jet ramp descended to us and lit along the edges.

"For what it's worth–"

"For what it's worth shut the fuck up and fly the ship." I finished for him with my eyes on the metal. I didn't miss the dark smirk from the corner of my eye. I was so very close to using a blade on him.

I dropped into seat beside the hatch and tightened the harnesses over my shoulders. Proximo passed me quickly and took the pilots chair ahead. I then pulled a chute from the underside of the seat and two mag gloves out before slipping my hands in.

The jet rose quickly and I heard the signal that the roof had opened. He cloaked our signal and took off quickly heading rapidly in the direction of a man that had made a costly mistake.