CHAPTER LVII

M A K A Y L A

I traced the bare lines of her skin with my lips.

"You know..." Her low voice sent ripples along her throat, "–I think I might start skipping meals more often if this is your idea of eating."

I smiled against her skin and licked a trail of sugar-sweet liquid between her collarbones. Another low moan left her before she took my shoulders and threw me back against the sofa cushions. We hadn't made it that far from bed...

Alex reached across me and plucked a pear off the platter before taking a knife and scoring a slow wedge from it. I watched the metal glint before watching her eyes as she traced the edge of the fruit and ran her tongue along it. Those fire lit eyes met mine.

"Makayla–"

I ignored her words and took the piece in my teeth from her fingers. She smirked slowly as I leaned back and set my hands behind my head. But she kept her eyes on my face, not on my very exposed chest. My woman was nothing if not focused in times when she desired it. So she tossed the pear aside and instead pressed the point of the blade against my stomach.

"That was mine." She murmured, still smirking.

"Oh no, Scorpion. It was mine the moment you touched it..."

I shivered as the cool point of the blade ran up the centre of my body. Between my breasts and up to my neck. She angled her head as she watched a droplet of the juicy fruit leave the corner of my mouth. With the steel still at my throat, she bent forward and took my jaw in her free hand. I sighed low as her lips brushed the corner of my mouth and caught the droplet.

I lost patience. The way our bodies were still bare and pressed together on the cushions drove me past my resolve and I was more than ready to pick up where we left off.

My fingers went through the high plait on her head and drew her lips to mine.

The weapon fell away along with her restraint. She smirked against my lower lip before both her hands ran along my hips and pulled my legs around her waist. I sucked in a deeper breath feeling the hard lines of her stomach against me. She pressed me deep into the soft fabric and kissed me hard. Our tongues moved with the lush taste of fruit and desire. I wanted more. So much more. Always.

I ripped my lips away only to bite down hard on her own. A low growl left her and made my skin ripple. I tightened my legs around her and her movements against my body became more deliberate–more perfect.

"We will–have breakfast–every morning like this–forever." I breathed with a breathless grin.

Her answering smile made me pull her mouth back down to mine before she could find a response. Without warning she pulled back from me and I groaned tugging her neck. She chuckled around my body and made me want so much more...

But she soon reappeared with a stark red strawberry between her lips and amusement dancing in her eyes.

God, could I love her more...

She lowered herself to me slowly until I met her and bit down into the red fruit. The sweet liquid burst across my tongue but I was looking up at something far sweeter. I had barely swallowed my half by the time I felt her tongue glide across my lips and taste it for herself. Her kiss made me dizzy with desire. The flavours... The feel of her body... The way her eyes darkened every time–