Happiness Is Lies

I don't know how I got here.

Sitting in this classroom, forcing myself to be normal, and waiting.

Always waiting.

Bidding my time until I can attack.

I don't know because I should have had a normal life.

Friends. School. Worry about College and maybe dating. Worry about things most teenagers would worry about.

Instead of worrying about my health. My insanity. Or imagining the blood on my hands.

My mind had become nothing more than a dark hollow and all I had left was the thirst.

The thirst to fucking kill.

"So then she told me I had to stay home and I couldn't go out with him. She's become a real bitch".

The nasally tone and scent of some Victoria's Secret perfume made me eye the pretty blonde standing near my desk.

Her brunette friend nodded almost grimly.

"Yeah my mom wants me to wait till college to date. It's so stupid. We have one year left. What does it even matter?" Brunette complained as she and Blondie both shared the same disgusted faces.

I almost snorted at the whole conversation.

It was stupid but at least I knew who the schools little gossipers were.

"Excuse me?" I called out mimicking a sweet voice.

They both glanced at me, looking surprised that I had called them.

"Never seem you before. You new?" Brunette said as she and Blondie came to sit down on the opposite sides of me.

"Yeah. I just moved here from California. I'm Y/N". I said flashing both of them a smile. My head hurting from the constant head turning,

"Oh my god you're soo lucky. I wish I could move to Cali. Better than being stuck in this hick of a town". Blondie said looking annoyed.

"I'm Janet and that's Stacy. Welcome to the most boring school ever". The Brunette girl said with a high pitched giggle.

God my neck was going to break.

"Yeah seriously. Like nothing ever happens here".

"Wait no there's that incident that happened last year". Janet said as her blonde friend 'Stacy' tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Incident?"

Good. Now I could really pry them.

Blondie looked suddenly uncomfortable and glanced around the classroom.

Other students didn't even seem to notice us, busy on their phones or talking to one another.

"Yeah. There was this whole bullying thing last year. The girl who got bullied killed herself. It was like a massive thing. It made our school look really bad". Blondie said glancing anywhere but at me.

Hm.

"Wow. I don't remember reading or seeing about it online ". I said in a mock confused tone.

Janet whipped out her IPhone and quickly scrolled through something. Then suddenly shoving the phone in my face.

A picture of a young teen Bruised and beaten with a sign showed up. A forced smile on her swollen face showed but the tears and red eyes really showed the fear evident in her face.

The sign read ,"I'm so happy".  A messy scrawl in black ink.

"Oh wow". Was all I could muster out as 'Stacy' let out a hiss.

"Janet what the fuck. If any of the teachers catches you with that picture you're going to be expelled".

Janet rolled her eyes dismissively at this.

"As if. Anyways yeah I'm pretty sure you've seen this pic. It's been like everywhere. And the group of people who did this.." She trailed off at this looking at the door.

I suddenly noticed the silence in the room.

I glanced to where everyone was looking. A tall guy stood there. His height and tattoos really showed along with the structured handsome face.

His dark eyes roamed the room. A sneer planted on his face. Almost looking like he was waiting for a fight.

Nobody made a sound or made a move. They just watched as he made way to a desk and then plopped down.

Pulling his hood over him and then laying his head on the desk.

The atmosphere was heavy.

"Who's that?" I whispered towards Janet who made a shushing sound.

I glanced over at Blond- Stacy who was on her phone looking nervous.

She silently extended her phone to me so I could see a message in her notes.

"Ethan Stone. Don't piss him off. He's a really bad guy. It was never proven or anything but I'm pretty sure his dads in the mafia".

I read the screen with an eyebrow raised and whispered, "Why are you all scared of him?".

Stacy quickly typed something else out and then extended the screen again with a shooing gesture.

Glancing around her in panic.

"Cause he's the one of the guys who tortured that girl. He's like the leader. Don't ever talk to him. Don't even make eye contact".

After reading this, I sat up straighter in my seat, shooting a small nod to Stacy. But secretly I was almost laughing.

While the school was scared of him. Nobody wanted anything to do with him.

Nobody wanted to be near him.

Just like I had planned.