What is love? -preview-

I never understood what love was. I mean in theory I knew what it was.

A strange feeling of wanting to protect something or someone... to keep them safe and be there for them.

And I knew, love came in so many different forms, but they also came in painful stabs sometimes too.

It was why I played all those otome game I think. Staring down at those pretty fake men or women who would whisper sweet nothings. Stories that were made up and left me with a tingle.

It was how I spent most of my teenage years, playing games, studying and not having anyone at my side.

No family apart from my mom, no friends, and certaintly no lovers.

A ghost that was just sadly passing by.

And it was the question of what was love that kept pondering my mind as I grew older and older.

Did I love my mom? Did I love these games? Did I even love myself? What was wrong with me?

The night before my high school graduation, I sat on my bed, phone in hand and a blank expression on my face.

I scrolled through the opening sequence of the new otome game and frowned.

It was a new unrated game that had just come out. It seemed quite stereotypical with the pretty men and blah plot.

The only thing that didn't seem to make sense was the main character.

Most otome games were self insert. But this game kept revolving around the male characters themselves.

Their stories, their backgrounds, their feelings and it was starting to seem more and more like a shounen.

At first.

But as the night progressed and my eyes grew dryer watching the flashing images on my screen, a bizzare message popped up.

A text message.

"Wanna find out what love is?"

I gaped at the screen as I clicked on text message.

What did that even mean?

"Who is this?"

The text I sent back to was seen almost  immediately and a reply quickly was sent.

"Yes or no?"

I stared, now annoyed and I could feel my eyelid twitching, as my brain tried to figure out what to type out next.

This was probably some sort of weirdo. But hey it was 2am. I was tired. I was empty.

"Sure".

That was when my bed started to shake.

An intense shaking, an earthquake that hit so hard that I could barely have time to scream, my things being tossed to the ground.

As it hit so suddenly so did the last text message I  never looked at as everything faded away.

"Love is inevitable".