Umbra -Preview

"Quick! Hide in the shed! That thing won't get us there!"

"But-"

"Hurry up!"

It was these words that made me sigh.

As I stood with my arms crossed in annoyance, I could hear the teenagers running off to go hide in the nearby shed.

Humans.

Small stupid things that don't think about anything except for money and food.

Even if I was a human myself, I certainly didn't feel like one.

And I certainly didn't feel like a stupid ass human.

You would think that being a serial killer was tough enough.

Having to avoid the cops. Having to lure my victims or hunt them down. Having to make sure not to ever get caught.

Do you know how tough that is in 2021? Especially with the scare of COVID, everyone basically avoided each other.

It was tough enough to do my job and think of what next pandemic might get me.

And on top of everything I had to constantly deal with stupid ass people who thought hiding in a shed was a good idea.

I sighed as I scratched my arm.

This costume was itchy.

But it was a cliche of mine to wear a different one. Mainly for the hell of it.

Or luring idiots with their idiot kids.

Being a serial killer just isn't how it was in the good ole days.

No internet, no photos and videos to watch your every move, and no little virus to become the next most promising invisible serial killer.

Nowadays it was like a hide and seek game while still trying to sanitize yourself.

I grabbed my phone and glanced at the screen.

11:14

Fuck it was so late. I had to be up early tomorrow too.

Better get this done so I could go finally eat some damn dinner.

I readjusted my mask and grabbed my machete. A small tribute to the glorious fictional Jason Vorhees.

As I barged my way into the shed, my thoughts were racing as the teenagers screamed and tried to fight me off.

How can I make it less predictable without ever being caught?

How to make the game a little more thrilling?

And the idea occurred to me after my lovely slashing as done.

I pulled off my mask as I stepped out of the shed. Blood both on me and surrounding me.

I could help them.

My victims that is. I could help them think they could outsmart me. And watch as they try so hard only for me to have my fun in the end.

I could make them smarter.

Well I can't make them smart but I could at least push them in the right direction.

I smiled as I glanced up at the bright moon. 

Yes . I could finally have the ultimate fun with this.

The fun I've been oh so craving.

But first I would have to shower and sanitize.

My smile turned into a scowl as I started to clean up.

I hate this damn year already.