"I'm sorry"

"when will the house be fixed?", Wei Ying fidgeted around the car like a wandering rabbit and kicked his legs for no reason. A clear sign of malice on his pale face which had meant that he was going to disturb his uncle to death.

"A few months", Lan wangji lied not looking at wei ying's face as he continued to drive towards his uncle's manor. Wei Ying hummed and looked out of the window.

"How come I never noticed a crack on the wall so bad that, we have to move?", Wei Ying asked in confusion, silvery orbs still looking at the dense green forest amongst where a manor in all its glory, atleast fifty years old, stood.

"There was a leak in he guest room. Could have caused a short circuit.", Lan Zhan spoke running his hands through his long hair. Golden eyes slightly dilating at the curious questions his fiance shot at him. After, receiving an unsatisfactory hum from him, Lan Zhan looked back at the road and took a turn around the lush green tree.

"Your paintings have been shifted to uncle's place.", The older man coaxed with eyes rather gentle.

"What about my paint, the canvas's I need and the mould?", He asked folding his legs with ease as he got comfortable sitting on the leather seat which warmed his body up perfectly.

"Shifted.", He replied back coming to halt in front a familiar manor where he grew up before he moved out at the ripe age of nineteen.

The place looked exactly how it did years before when he was just a five year old taking a stroll around with his rather traumatised soulmate.

The little pond with rare bred koi fishes were still there if not expanding their family. The gates opened automatically, thanks to lan xichen who had taught their uncle about technologies, not that the man didn't know much about it.

Tall trees shaking it's barks which stood as strong as ever, sending waves of fresh breeze towards the pair who had just gotten out of their car.

Even though they frequently visited Lan qiren, everytime felt as if it was something new that they notice there. For example, wei ying was noticing the new koi fish in the pond surrounded by strong, circular rocks for the first time.

"Uncle!", Wei Ying squealed as usual when the familiar man came out of the entrance of the house. Lan qiren sighed for the nth time for the week when his menace of a nephew-in-law did not pipe down his voice.

"Yes", Lan qiren said slightly nodding his head. Lan wangji stopped wei wuxian in his tracks and pulled him towards his chest by his gloved hand.

"Stop running", He firmly said wrapping his hands around wei ying's smaller ones. Receiving just a nod from him the pair walked towards the entrance where their uncle was standing with a rare smile on his face.

As they walked, well it was mostly wei ying who was getting dragged by Lan wangji who was busy with something on his phone, a group of men walked outside the manor through the front entrance carrying a huge, shiny object in their hands.

Wei Ying froze from his head to toe when he looked at the familiar object being carried out in front of his eyes.
He didn't move nor did he let out any screams. It was almost as if, he was instilled in his spot like glue.

It happened all so fast. One moment, Lan wangji was dragging his fiance inside his uncle's house, whilst his eyes were fixated on his phone. And, as another minute passed by, his wei ying did not move from his position.

It just happened so fast that, Lan wangji had no time to notice the huge mirror the group of men were carrying outside.

Dropping whatever he held in his hands, lan zhan, bolted towards wei ying's even though he was a few steps away and put his hands over wei ying's eyes.