"It's not like you tried to kill me or anything."

Wei Ying was discharged from the hospital not long after, with a warning from wen qing which hinted how she was going to beat him to death if he did not come for his regular check ups.

Even though the whole world knew about him, wei wuxian was certainly happy about the fact that Jin zixuan had brought him the penthouse back. Even though his fiance was reluctant to go back, he knew better than to voice out his concerns and make wei ying sad all over again.

Afterall, his beloved had still not forgiven him.

"Its not like you tried to kill me or anything.", Wei Ying even breathed in a disappointing way.

After, moving back into the penthouse, wei ying started to distance himself from Lan Zhan. Now, that he knew that everything was fine for atleast a while, he decided to take his time to get used to his overwhelming surrounding.

Wei Ying had decided to take the guest room for a few days and let, Lan Zhan sleep at their shared room. The older feared for his fiance having a nightmare in the middle of the night and always came by to see if wei ying was doing fine or not.

It was a relief that wei ying was sound asleep since, he couldn't always come and check on him. Especially when he left for work every morning. Except for one morning, things had taken a change.

Wei Ying was sitting on the kitchen counter; swiping through his phone with a bored look on his face and confusion clouded over his mind. Lan wangji, who was about to leave the penthouse to get to work was; was just going check on wei ying one last time before he left.

To his surprise, his fiance was awake and making food? He always made food for them and wei ying took the cleaning of the house as his job.

"Hello!", Wei Ying waved at him and jumped off the kitchen counter. The younger was in his work clothes which could only mean that he was going out, or planning on destroying his nice set of clothes with paint.

Lan Zhan pressed a chaste kiss on his cheeks, even though they weren't at the same page at the moment. Lan Zhan did not miss to give his partner a kiss every morning.

"Going somewhere?", He asked looking at the burnt piece of toast his boyfriend was chewing on. He had plate of his own with slightly less burnt and what he presumed was ketchup or Satan's blood?

Wei Ying nodded scrunching his face in disgust when the burnt piece of bread came in contact with his tongue. Lan Zhan almost smiled at the sight of his adorbs fiance scrunching his face up but, he had to make some eatable breakfast for them first. 

"I'm going out with my new friend. But, before that I'm gonna meet aunty yu and paint the portrait she asked for.", Wei Ying answered back at the mean time as he scrapped the burnt part of the bread with a knife.

"New friend?", Lan Zhan asked getting slightly confused. Wei Ying did not have many friends, with no aspects of making any new friends; Lan wangji had just assumed that he was going to stick with wen ning and their little trio.

Wei Ying grinned and nodded, "I made a new friend. Burnt my hand a few weeks ago."

Lan wangji did remember wei ying complaining about someone sick psychopath, in a tuxedo burning his hand with boiling hot coffee. He did not know that they were friends now.

How weird...

"Where are going with friend?", He inquired, wei ying, he wasn't jealous. He just wanted to know what his beloved's new friend and him were doing today. Wei Ying having new friends was a good thing. Especially, after the whole fiasco that occurred a few days ago.