"death doesn't decide your fate, I do."

Another week passed, Wei Ying was more mind broken than ever. He was slowly starting to believe what his aunt was telling him the entire time. Lan Zhan was never coming to rescue him. This was his fate, and that he was bound to stay like this for the remaining rest of his days.

Yu Ziyuan had successfully gaslighted him and moulded his mind into however she wanted it to be maneuvered into.

Lan Wangji was lost in a world of his own. He did not notice how much worse he had gotten over the past two weeks. He could only think about wei ying.

Was Wei Ying fine? Had he eaten something? Was he allowed to sleep. Was he having nightmare's?

Was wei ying alive? Would wei ying ever forgive him for not coming to get him sooner. Even the cops had given up on the case except for one man who was adamant on finding the man alive.

The goal was alive, as in breathing. It did not matter how mind broken or brain washed he was. The goal is to find him breathing. The damage control will follow later onwards.

Jiang Fengmian was on the verge of death from a fatal heart attack and Jiang Yanli was the only one with him. Not even Jiang wanyin had wanted to face his family anymore. He had distanced himself from his brother and went somewhere where he could find some peace.

Meanwhile, Wei Ying knew where he was. He was too familiar with this place now. It was the Jiang manor, he was kept inside one of the deepest parts of the manor which was locked away almost a decade ago. It was the exact same place where she kept him when he was young.

Wei Ying realised so many things in one day. That day when he was crying at the sight of the mirror in front his family, it wasn't the mirror which bothered him, he liked the mirror in reality. It was his aunt who scared the living daylight out of him. But, he never pointed his hands out at her. He remained silent just like she had groomed him to.

"And when Jin Guangshan realised that I was the one who kidnapped you. I killed him. It's a good thing that they called it a good riddance."

Yu Ziyuan talked to him pretty much throughout the day. She fed him cleaned his face but never untied him. His hair was also groomed by her. The ash gray color slowly faded away and his real hair colour was growing through his roots. It was the brown colour which Lan Zhan liked so much.

He didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry. Was Lan Zhan fine? Had he eaten? Was he trying to find him? Did he get any sleep?

Had he moved on?

"Lan Zhan....puts trackers on me. They're everywhere. How did you get rid of them?"

He was sure that there had to be some way he could escape. The trail of blood he left could atleast help. Even though he was sure that yu ziyuan would have cleaned it all up.

Yu Ziyuan tilted her head lightly and just got up after slapping wei ying's cheeks lightly.

"When I know how to hide my traces from the world for decades. Don't you think it'll be easy for me to get rid of a few trackers?", She announced as she walked out. Wei Ying looked at the blurry figure of his aunt walking and felt as if his entire body was in flames.

He just wanted to let the flames take over his body and sleep. It had been a very long time since he had gotten some sleep. The mirrors were just too bright for him to get used to it, his days were just too dark and numb for him to actually close his eyes and fall into a deep slumber.

It just didn't work the way he wanted them to anymore. He did not know why he was still kept alive when he could just slit his neck open and die.

All the dreams he had would get over just like that. The moment he wanted to enjoy as he walked down the aisle with his uncle walking him down. The moment Lan Zhan and him brought their little child back home from the hospital for the first time. His dreams of starting his own art gallery.