EXTRA: ONE

Wei Ying felt numb, physically and mentally. The chemotherapy was taking too much from him, without a doubt it drained him out of all the energy that he had. Wen Qing stayed with him throughout the process and made sure that he stayed entertained. Since he was at a high infection risk, he never really received therapy with other patients.

It made him feel lonely and drained out. Lan Zhan was out of the country attending a meeting on behalf of his brother and Lan Qiren had some work to take care of. He was filling in on behalf of his nephew.

"I'm tired. Can I go home?", Wei Ying asked Wen Qing, getting too tempted to rip the bandages off his hand so that he can be free of the bounds which restrained him and be free. Wen Qing sighed and say next to the younger man, she noticed how fragile he looked in general, he was clad in a warm beanie beneath which there was an ice cap to keep his headache on bay, he wore a sweatshirt to cover his under nourished body and wore a pair of trackpants.

His skin has developed a corpse like pallor. It was too unnatural for her to see Wei Wuxian in such a condition. There were only two more rounds of chemo left, she had said so but looking at Wei Wuxian's face it made her feel like she may have made a mistake with her confident statement.

"Just a few more minutes. Don't think of escaping your fiance left those bodyguards outside. They will drag you back inside and we will start all over again.", Wen Qing said casually sliding through her phone. Wei Ying sighed and continued to read the book in his hand, he was almost done with it and continued to ignore the fact that he had his final exams in two weeks and no matter how much Lan Qiren or Lan Xichen try to persuade the chairman of the school, they were not going to postpone the exams for the sake of his illness.

It was finally over after one hour, it was more than what Wen Qing had told him. His body was in so much pain that he couldn't care less, the words which Wen Qing told him went right through his ears as he walked outside of the room.

His eyes light up for some reason when he sees that there are no guards standing outside. They must have left for lunch. He thinks as he made his way out without a care of all the patients and the visitors sitting outside. Some of them gasped when they recognised him and instinctually some grabbed their phones out of their pockets.

He thinks that this is probably how mob mentally worked. No matter how sick or tired you are. People won't care. They always do things for their own gains. He groans when the flash hurt his eyes. But he could not care less.

"Don't use the flash. Use Photoshop.", He looked dead into the woman's eyes and said with no sign of any emotions.

To the world Wei Wuxian was the fiance of the infamous Lan WangJi, who was recovering from a gunshot wound and leukemia. The news was simple and short, it was given by the Hunan police precincts chief himself.

A crazy stalker with a gun under his possession had shown up to the couple's apartment one afternoon and shot the director's fiance who was trying to defend himself.

The bullet had just grazed through his body and did not affect any of his organs. Wei Ying thinks he laughed when he saw the news, that was just minutes before he remembered what happened. He remembers looking down from the window of his hospital and laughing at the copious amounts of people who thought he died.

"Where the fuck am I going?", Wei Ying muttered under his breath when he realised that he was lost. He's been coming here for the last four years and he had forgotten everything about it even after a having a history of staying here for weeks for various reasons.

He ignores the steps behind him and continued to walk. He couldn't walk any faster, his wounds weren't healing as fast as they should and being kidnapped in a hospital in broad daylight sounded something too dumb to believe in. So whoever was following him could try whatever they wanted. Wei Ying was too tired to turn around and respond.