"It's not a coping mechanism. He is just sick to his mind."

Madam Yu had surprisingly not asked him anything when she saw a roll of bandage on wei ying's hand instead of his usual glove. The only question she had was for his new friend who had followed him all the way over to their home and why he did not get a haircut like she asked him to.

"His name is Gu Ming, he's my friend. The salon had a mirror, I need someone to fix my hair.", Wei Ying said looking into his aunt's scary eyes. He has gotten used to facing her with confidence rather than cowering in fear like he used to when he was young and new to the Jiang manor.

Yu Ziyuan tilted her head lightly and looked at the man coldly and simply nodded taking wei ying's hands to pull him away from the door where the older man had left him.

Wei Ying had told him that he was going to visit the Jiang's for a painting commission. When he offered to take him back home wei ying politely rejected him and told him that his friend was going to drop him back home.

"You are engaged. Stop hanging out with people and attracting the media."

Wei Ying sighed upon hearing that. He had never asked for such an exposure in the first place. Lan Zhan pulled him into a world which he never wanted to live in. Yet, he was getting scolded for trying to live a life.

"Fine.", Wei Ying said dully walking back upstairs lazily.

Yu Ziyuan did not say anything and watched him go upstairs the sight of the bandages around his hand was something to behold at that moment.

"What happened to your hand?"

"An accident."

Wei Ying lied effortlessly and shut the door to his room and plopped down on his bed with an intent to cry hard into the pillow. He did not know why he wanted to cry, he just knew that he had to get it off his mind.

He laid around the bed rolling around for about an hour. The latter had almost fallen asleep but, the sound of someone familiar made his ears perk up like that of a rabbits and bolt out of his bed like it was the most normal thing to do when you are lightheaded.

Wei Ying bolted out and hid behind the wall near the staircase. He used his skinny hands to wrap himself around the wall like a lizard and stare at Lan Zhan through his very powerful vision.

"He wanted his sleeping medicines back. So I thought that I should just get all of them back to him. He obviously needs it."

Madam Yu was talking to Lan Zhan with little to no emotions on her face. Meanwhile, Lan Zhan was dressed in his usual work clothes behind him, Jin zixuan stood with a nervous smile on his face.

"He doesn't need them anymore. He needs another check up. The tumours are almost all gone according to Doctor.Wen.", Lan Zhan retorted back, ignoring the tension. He didn't usually act like this, he had a lot of respect for madam yu in general. He just didn't understand why he was taking so coldly to her today.

Was something wrong? Was Lan Zhan going to break their engagement?

"Alright I'll tell him that.", Yu Ziyuan said nodding along with the man who took a step away when his work was done.

"Uncle is ready to set a day for the wedding."

"Wei Ying didn't want a big wedding. So they finalized it to be a beach wedding or anything he wishes."

Wei Ying blushed upon hearing about the beach wedding. He didn't like the idea of beach wedding, something small meant such as a church or a traditional one. But, beach didn't sound so bad.

Lan Zhan has always wanted it to be in a small church with just family and some friends. Maybe, when he leaves he can persuade his aunt into making it a church wedding. By that time he can make up with Lan Zhan too.