"I love you~"

"I love you~" wei ying sang in his sleep as lan zhan carried him upstairs, the older looked at his fiance with a gentle look on his face and nodded.

"Love you too" Lan Zhan replied back setting him down gently, as he covered him with the duvet he pressed a kiss on his tiny button nose and left the room after switching off the lights.

"I have never seen your brother smiling before, are you sure that he treats my brother well?" Jiang cheng asked his husband who had an impassive look on his face not understanding why his husband would ask such a question.

"WangJi almost blew his cover for, A'xian when someone was getting touchy with him." Lan qiren agreed with his nephew when he remembered about that fateful day when lan zhan had almost raised his hands at that man who had dared to touch wei ying's gloved hand and his waist.

"Hello there Minji", Wei Ying waved his hands at the woman whom he had last met in highschool. Now, lan wangji knew that the Minji girl had a crush on wei ying since high school, hell! He knew more then that!

"Hello there xuanyu!", She squealed almost pulling his boyfriend into a hug. But, lan wangji was fast, he was faster then anybody when it came to his boyfriend.

He immediately wrapped his one hand around wei ying's waist and looked at her with the coldest pair of eyes.

Lan wangji, who happened to overhear them talking whilst he walked downstairs, shot Jiāng Wǎnyín a sharp glare, ofcourse without him noticing. Since, lan xichen would not like it if he keeps on glaring at jis husband.

"I take very good care of wei ying" lan zhan retorted back inside his mind as he sat down on the barcalounger silently not wanting to pick a fight with Jiāng Chéng.

"He sleeps a lot nowadays, doesn't he?" Lan xichen asked Lan Zhan who had just come back down after making sure that wei ying was sound asleep with the lights as usual, turned off.

"It's the therapy, they tried a new type of drug", It wasn't a lie when wei ying had said that this time the therapy might be working. The younger really did feel lively nowadays not like most of the days when he was in a lot of pain, suffering to the point where he actually passes out.

"Are you sure that it's working, he looks the same as before" Lan qiren spoke slightly dejected when he saw how wei ying still looked the same. All frail and skinny who could barely lift a bag without wincing in pain.

"Wen qing, says so" Jiang cheng remembered talking to her a few days ago. The wen doctor sounded confident when she said that she was going to try a new type of drug trial.

"He does sleep a lot", Wei Ying sleeps a lot, that wasn't a lie. But, the only thing that did not concern Lan wangji anymore was the fact that his soulmate wasn't in any type of horrible pain anymore.

Another happy part about wei ying's new drug trial was that he could finally feel the energy to pick his paintbrush up once again. Just yesterday the younger had painted the guest room with such beauty ans accuracy that lan wangji was almost left gaping at the sight of the rooms beauty.

Lan wangji's attention averted towards his phone when he received a new message.

Jin zixuan:

Lol! You almost got caught!

Do people actually believe that he is my cousin or do they think he's someone else?

How could lan zhan forget to mention this! The name wei ying lived with in the real world was of Mo xuanyu. A man who had passed away twenty years ago.

Mo Xuanyu just so happened to be the Jin's cousin. To lan zhan's luck if he ever finds himself in a situation where he has to reveal wei ying's identity, he could simply just say that his fiance was Mo Xuanyu whose history had been completely erased. Which could make things way easier for him.

Nie huaisang:

Did you actually get caught ಠ_ಠ

If words could actually irritate Lan Zhan, nie huaisang would be the one who could actually hit the peak without doing anything bad to him.

Welp! Lan wangji never replies to their messages anyways.

"Has he made any progress?" Lan qiren asked hoping for a positive feedback from lan zhan. Who was he kidding he had been waiting for a positive feedback for over eighteen years.

"He hasn't" Wei Ying's fears were something untamed just like him, they just get worse and worse day by day. The horrible part about wei ying's nightmares and fears were that lan wangji was never able to do anything. He was absolutely helpless when his fiance was suffering.

"Mirror's?" Lan xichen asked. Even though he knew the bitter answer, he never forgot to ask. He could just wish for the day to come when wei ying's fears no longer trouble him.

"Worse" Lan Wangji whispered not making any eye contact with his brother.

"Almost had a fit last week." Lan xichen frowned at the mere thought of it, he could not believe what his brother must have gone through. But, what was even the point of thinking about all of this, when in the end of the day they were all helpless.

"I'm too tired to deal with you" Jiāng Chéng declared getting off the couch to leave.

"Call me if I'm getting nephews or if wei wuxian wants to move out" He murmured waiting for the lift doors to open.

"I won't" Lan Zhan confirmed watching his very unwanted guests leave his house. Well only one of them was a pest. So, lan wangji can actually endure his uncle and lan xichen.

"Take care, wangji" lan xichen said with a gentle smile and got inside the elevator pushing Jiang cheng inside who was ready to attack lan zhan.

"Mn" Lan zhan hummed and watched the elevator doors close.

If only wei ying hadn't wanted jiang cheng around, lan zhan would have actually kicked him out or worse not give him security clearance into their penthouse.

Walking inside their shared room lan zhan noticed how peaceful wei ying looked in his sleep. Even though it lasts for a little while before he wakes up to create more troubles for him, lan wangji likes to watch Wei Ying sleep peacefully.

His little strands of hair stuck on his forehead. As little puffs of air left his mouth which was slightly open lan wangji felt himself fall in love with wei ying all over again.

"My bones hurt" wei ying whispered in his sleep slightly groaning in pain as he shifted closer to lan zhan's hands.

"I'm here" Lan Zhan said in a gentle tone; he pulled wei ying over his chest and rested his head on his crook.

Dr. Wen qing:

Good news and a bad news.
The good news is that the new drug might be working.

The bad news is that the pain is going to be unbearable, he will most likely give up in the middle.

The side effects will most likely be worse too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lan Zhan stared at the text message with a blank look on his face and put his phone away on the nightstand.

Looking back at wei ying who was sound asleep in his arms, a frown was painted over his face.

"Please don't give up" He whispered pressing a kiss on his forehead.

"You are the only one I have."