"I do."

Lan wangji had a beautiful dream. He won't lie it was one of the most beautiful dreams he had ever had. His beloved walked towards him as his uncles walked him through the alter, he almost cried from the beauty of that day. An aisle decorated with chrysanthemum and tiger lilies. Guests who were dressed in an eccentric way just how his overdramatic husband wanted it to be. And two rabbits, one white and one black in a tiny basket with a ring on the velveteen cushion which they laid on.

That was until this beautiful day turned into a nightmare.

"I do." , Wei Ying whispered into his ears, his face so bright that even the sun might bow down to him in shame. His plump, red lips cracked into a smile which made his heart melt Within in no time.

His beloved, wei ying, was dressed in a white suit with golden patterns adorning his back. And, he himself was dressed in a black suit with similar patterns.

Lan wangji didn't like it normal no more. He pulled his husband closer to his chest and wrapped his hands around his waist. With a smile on his face, he pressed his lips against his husband's.

Cheers were throughout the small destination where he had planned to get married not long ago.

"I do.",

Lan Zhan swore he just closed his eyes for a second. He did not realise when it a came crashing down.

' To live is to, let go of your earthly tether, enter the void empty, become wind.'

A gravestone. Lan wangji stood in front of a gravestone with his beloved's name engraved in it. He stood in front of it completely disheveled, the exact same attire he wore on the day of their wedding.

The bouquet on his hand with chrysanthemum adorning it fell down on the ground when the words left his own lips.

"I do."

So did a lone tear.

Lan wangji woke with a gasp leaving his lips and a stinging pain originating from his left hand. He looked at his hand and realised that wei ying was digging his nails into his left hand desperately as he looked at the ceiling in horror.

"I'm here.", Lan Zhan whispered slowly undid wei ying's finger around his wrist. Taking a look at his bloodied wrist lan zhan at this point wasn't fazed at the sight of blood on his wrist, Wei Ying tends to hold onto someone's hands when he is having a nightmare.

"Please", wei ying whimpered, his tone brittle and hoarse meaning he was having this nightmare for a while.

"It's fine. I'm here.", Lan Zhan coaxed and pulled wei ying's body on top of his chest. The whimpers and the pleads did not stop as a minute passed by. At this point his shirt was getting wet from the tears wei ying shed.

"I'm here love. She won't do anything.", Lan wangji whispered his voice Slightly hoarse from earlier. He ruffled his partners long hair and pressed his head closer to his crook at an attempt to calm him down.

Wei Ying started trembling in his hold. His back shook wildly when the calloused hands rested on it like it usually does. Lan Zhan rested his hands on wei ying's lean back and picked him up in his arms with a slight pained hiss when the wound on his wrist burned when wei ying's warm skin came in contact with his wrist.

Lan wangji almost forgot that he was staying with his uncle for a few weeks. He had planned to move from the penthouse and find a better and a safer place for wei ying preferably somewhere far, but, lan wangji couldn't possibly take a decision before asking wei ying.

But, after what happened in that house. Lan wangji couldn't possibly think of living with wei ying there even though they have so many memories there.