"Lies"

Yu ziyuan hadn't seen that familiar face in a long time

Yu ziyuan hadn't seen that familiar face in a long time. Sure she even sat in the same place as she did all those years ago. The only thing she waited was for the familiar man from the past to come greet her. She couldn't wait to bring that man to nothing.

Song Li Nian was a gritty man, there was no doubt in it. If only he wasn't shot by his arch nemesis eighteen years ago, there would have been no doubt that he would have found he would have gotten to wei ying, who was hidden away at that moment.

They had assumed that after that day, the cop must have given up. They certainly did not realise that the nightmare of a man was going to return back to bite them in the neck.

"You have two hours. Make it quick.", She snapped her fingers together and did not bother enough to look up at the man who chuckled with clear amusement in his tone. Yu Ziyuan clicked hee tongue from irritation and looked up at the cop. Song Nian who stood in all his glory in front of Yu Ziyuan, was a man who was well into his fifties yet, he somehow managed to look lithe for his age and qualified as a cop. To handle a case such like wei wuxian's, which had a quite a big profile; was certainly a thing to be clapped about.

"Still the same, Yu Ziyuan. Let's get this over with, I have more people to torture.", He sat down on the seat in front of yu ziyuan's and signalled his detective's to record the whole conversation. The holding cell wherein, yu ziyuan was to give her statements and answers had a tinted glass partition-- on the other side where the whole conversation was getting recorded.

"You and your family and friends are a suspect for vehicular homicide, Madam yu. Please drop that act and answer to my questions truthfully."

Madam yu rolled her eyes and nodded. She did not wish to give herself a tough time in a place like this. Even if he got as close to where wei ying was, to ziyuan was lawyered up at all the sides with every single scenario deemed as a possibility.

"Go ahead.", She waved her hands coldly. Song Nian nodded and opened the notepad in his hands.

"Where were you on the night of June 1st, 2002?", The first question came at her with no sign of humanity in his eyes.

"We had just gotten a deal with the wen's that day. We decided to celebrate it with my Cangse and changze that night. But, they never came.", Yu ziyuan answered looking dead into the man's eyes. Looking hurt or emotional wasn't something she ever felt in front of unknown people.

"I waited until four in the morning. My brother-in-law and his wife's body was found not long after with no sign of my nephew around."

She said those words bitterly yet, with no sign of emotions in her tone. Yu ziyuan had grown accustomed of answering these questions in the past. It was bold of the cop to assume that she would be left crying with one question shot at her.

"Why did you give up on ever finding your nephew?"

Yu ziyuan scoffed at the question. The man very well knew why. Yet, he had the audacity to ask.