"she won't do anything"

Prologue

"My xianxian" she whispered tracing patterns on his neck with her sharp nails pricking his sensitive skin every now and then. The pale skin underneath her nails came to life as little bumps became visible.

"Too afraid to move or are you too happy to see me" she whispered into his ears as she traced her hands through his grey hair. Wei Ying gasped for air as he helplessly stared at the woman who towered over him, as the fear of the woman finally sinked in wei ying looked at her with eyes wide open as he silently begged for her to let him go.

"Ssh~ mama's here now, isn't she?" The faceless woman clad in expensive clothes whispered digging her nails into the soft flesh of his skin not minding the fact that he she drew blood from it.

"Won't you scream for me?" She giggled drawing more blood from his neck, blue painted nails getting dirty in the process. As she enjoyed the screams the helpless boy let out she continued laughing at his pathetic state.

Wei Ying stared at her in horror and gasped for air when she tightened her hold around his neck choking him to death.

He was stuck in an endless loop...

"I'm here. I'm here." The husky voice whispered with the least of panic in his voice. He hovered over his fiance and tried to pull him up by his waist just to realise that he was too far gone into the endless loop.

Nightmares weren't rare, they weren't rare when it came to wei ying's life.

"You haven't had this one in a while" Lan zhan whispered shifting closer to his fiance to comfort him.

"I'm here ,wei ying, she won't do anything"

Lan Zhan whispered in the most comforting tone ever, whilst he carresed his soft grey hair. The younger gasped for air as he stared at the ceiling in horror, body paralysed from head to toe. He remained limp as his hands clenched around the sheets tightly desperately trying to find something comforting.

"I'm here love" Lan Zhan pressed wet kisses on his sweaty forehead and held wei ying's smaller hands; to warm them up from the cold even though he had a duvet covering him.

Wei Ying whimpered in his sleep and started crying from the horror of his nightmare, clenching his gloved hand around lan zhan's right hand the older had felt his hands starting to hurt as his fiance did not let go.

"She won't do anything, as long as I am here." Lan Zhan said wiping wei ying's tears with his calloused hands, as he picked him up in his arms and walked outside towards the dark lounge with wei ying who was shaking like a leaf in his arms.

Eyes still wide open his gaze did not leave the ceiling at all, "Don't look, I'm here" lan zhan whispered caressing his hair.

"She won't do anything" Lán Zhan whispered sitting down on the couch with Wei Ying's head resting on his lap.

Even though wei ying did not prefer dark, lan zhan always thought that it would be the best to sit in the dark with him whenever he has a nightmare.

He carresed Wei Ying's fluffy grey hair and rested his head on the headrest of the couch. Humming their tune to him as he closed his eyes staying on guard to check if wei ying whimpered in his sleep again lan zhan made sure that his hands covered wei ying's eyes.

Nightmares weren't rare in their life, nightmares were a part of their life,

Almost like family was...