"You don't believe me? "

Just like a funeral home, the entirety of the apartment was dead silent. Lan Wangji sat down a little far from the couch where wei ying was and kept a hand over his head to calm himself down of the raging anger and headache which threatened to kick in, in no time.

Wei Ying's head was patched up by Xiao Xingchen a few hours ago. He had also taken it upon himself to call Lan wangji who was peacefully unaware of the things that were happening in the apartment when he was gone.

"I checked by the security office. There was a powercut in the entire building.", Wei Ying scoffed in rebuttal and stared down at his gloved hand where the scratches the woman made a few hours ago looked almost non-existent.

Lan wangji was already having enough of wei ying's attitude. He had rushed back home as soon as he could when Xiao Xingchen called him telling him about the terrifying scene that unfolded in front of him when he entered the apartment.

"You don't believe me do you?", Wei Ying did not ask him a question. He stated a fact. Xiao Xingchen was starting to notice the stressed out look on lan wangji's face, it certainly wasn't going to end well this time.

"She was here. She will take me back.", Wei Ying stated as though it was bound to happen. Lan Wangji snapped upon hearing what Wei Ying said.

The remaining semblance of self restraint was slowly leaving his body. He stood up with a furious expression and proceeded to speak rendering wei ying speechless and teary eyed.

Given that he was always difficult with his words. Lan wangji seemed to have no problem declaring wei ying guilty of all his issues and traumas at that moment. It was almost as if all the love he had for wei ying had disappeared from his eyes. It was just blatant blame filled with fury seen in his eyes.

"You were abducted when you were three and locked up in a room for three months. I am under no false impression that you were kept in a room with just mirrors and nothing else, which caused your trauma."

"But, saying that the woman who kept you in that room is coming back for you is stupid."

"There was never a woman. Your trauma was so bad that you imagined a woman who just so resembled your mother. Do you understand me wei ying?! She does not exist! Stop imagining someone to cope!"

What seemed like was supposedly the longest line he had ever spoken in his life, Lan Wangji did not bother to even look at wei ying for once. His face was red with anger with no semblance of regret.

"A'ying-", Xiao Xingchen was just about to speak up when wei ying got up furiously from the couch. His face was wet with tears. He was angry. There was no doubt in It.

Lan Zhan did not make an eye contact with wei ying for once after he finished his little rant. He was suddenly reminded of the horrifying time when he first told wei ying that the woman wasn't real. 

Ofcourse, his entire life, he had belived that wei ying was just imagining things. It was just his poor method of coping with things in his life.

Almost all of the therapists had given up on him after just stating that the boy was simply traumatized from his childhood.

And, Lan Wangji believed.

"If you think I am making this up, just keep on thinking that way. I don't think that I should stay here anymore."

Wei Ying only saw himself getting far away from Lan Zhan at the moment. No amount of coaxing and manipulation was going to make him think that he was in his right state of mind to forgive his fiance of the words he pinned on him.

The older did not say anything when he said that it'd be the best if he leaves. He remained silent and looked into a corner as he waited for the nightmare to get over. He did not want to show wei ying any emotions that he knew that he was capable of.