Chapter 25

As I walk into the kitchen, the overwhelming smell of savory herbs makes my mouth water.

Axel slaves over the stove with his back to us. His black fitted button up has the sleeves rolled to his elbows, revealing his tattooed forearms. A red checkered towel hangs over his shoulder.

I could get used to this view.

Snaking my arms around his waist, I hug him from behind, trying to peek over his shoulder at the food he's preparing.

He gently squeezes my arms before spinning around to embrace me. He pauses as his jaw drops, taking all of me in. "Jesus-fucking-Christ. My girlfriend is fucking stunning."

"That she is!" Eliza joins in, complimenting from the bar as she pops the cork on a bottle of wine.

Of course she found the booze.

She pours four very full glasses of wine and passes them out as Mickey walks into the kitchen and apprehensively sits next to her on a bar stool.

"Should I join them? Mickey looks uncomfortable."

"No, he's fine. He's just a bit nervous, babe. He'll loosen up after a drink or two." Axel chuckles as he stirs the sautéed vegetables.

I hop onto the counter next to the stove, watching him as he cooks.

Fucking sexy.

"You know, you're distracting the hell out of me in this outfit." He sets the wooden spoon down and traces the hem of my skirt, pushing it up a little to expose more skin, sending chills down my spine.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I pause to look at Eliza and Mickey who are deep in conversation and uncross my legs. I slowly part my knees with a devilish grin, granting him view between my thighs. "Am I still distracting you, baby?"

"Tease me all you want, Olivia." Axel places his hand around my inner thigh, his fingertips dangerously close to my core and his mouth almost touching mine. "But if you aren't going to follow through then you better stop. I'll fuck you regardless of who's watching." He winks and picks the spoon back up, continuing to stir the vegetables.

Holy hell!

I exhale, realizing I was holding my breath in anticipation of his every move. Readjusting my skirt, I try to compose myself as a smirk grows on his lips, proud of the effect he has on me.

Bastard.

Clearing my throat, I change the subject, controlling my urge to fuck him on the countertop. "So what's for dinner?"

Axel laughs, knowing he's won this teasing match and lifts the lid on a pasta dish, showing me the delicious dinner he prepared. "Shrimp and scallop linguine with a side of vegetables."

"Smells delicious! One of Tony's recipes?"

"Yes—he taught me everything I know in the kitchen." Axel grins proudly as he walks me through the meal preparations. "The trick is to sauté the shrimp before tossing them with sea scallops and fresh basil. Then you let it simmer in Tony's secret tomato-vodka sauce."

"Wow that sounds really amaz—"

"Did someone say vodka?" Eliza interrupts with her legs now draped over Mickey's lap.

Poor guy has no clue what he's getting into.

———

The four of us gather around a white glass top dining table with a walnut base. The sophisticated design mirrors the mid-century modern style Axel mixes with contemporary minimalism throughout the house.