Chapter 17

"What the fuck was that?" I whisper-yell after shutting the conference room door behind us.

I set my phone down on the glass table and make my way to the wooden blinds, quickly collapsing the charcoal grain slats, shielding us from wandering eyes.

"So this is happening, huh? Well, if you insist." Mickey loosens his tie and jokingly unbuttons the top of his shirt.

Holy fu—

Axel playfully, but forcefully, punches Mickey in the arm, refocusing all of our attention.

"I'm sorry I lost my cool, Olivia. I wasn't trying to make a scene..." Axel fades out, looking at the ground, full of remorse.

Fuck. I can't stay mad at that adorable face.

"Yeah, Axel really lost it out there, didn't he?" Mickey adds, passing the blame.

"Hey, you're not off the hook either! You were obviously goading him, playing some kind of game." I lecture Mickey and he pouts, leaning against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Mickey loves to get under my skin and push my buttons." Axel walks towards me, genuinely apologetic.

"I can't help it! You make it too easy." Mickey shouts across the room, still goading.

"Okay, enough! Do not drag me into your pissing match. I don't give a fuck whose dick is bigger, just don't fight it out in my place of work." I let out a sigh and lower my voice. "What do you think everyone is going to say about that little show they just witnessed?"

Probably that I'm banging at least one of them.

Which is true, but still...

"I'm really sorry, please let me fix this. We fucked up, but I know how important your privacy is..." Axel takes my hand in his, those golden eyes begging for absolution, even though I know deep down that I've already forgiven him.

I've got it so bad.

"How can I make this right? I'll do anything." Axel licks his lips mischievously and winks, making me forget Mickey's still in the room.

And...I'm wet.

"I'm sorry, too!" Mickey chimes in, attempting to apologize, interrupting the building sexual tension between Axel and I.

And...now I need a cold shower.

Why was I even mad again?

"I like fucking with Axel, but I get there's a time and place. He's really protective of you and I know better than to go there." Mickey looks sincere, understanding he probably took it too far this time.

"I appreciate the apologies, now can we just move past this and keep it professional at work going forward? We don't want to give the office anymore reason to talk." I smile confidently, hoping by next week this whole dramatic scene will become a blurred memory.

"Yes, Olivia!" The boys respond in unison and we all burst into laughter as Axel wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest.

He leans his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. "So am I out of the doghouse?" he asks, pushing his bottom lip out.

"For now..." I respond by placing my hands on his cheeks, pulling him towards me for a kiss.

Our lips collide, igniting a spark within me. He sensually moves his mouth unifying our tongues, dancing to the beat of my racing pulse. My chest bursts as butterflies flutter to the surface. Electricity flows through me, revealing chills on my exposed skin, sending a tingling sensation across my body. I never want this kiss to end.