Chapter 16

A tall, sandy blonde with a muscular build and crystal blue eyes makes his way over to me.

The sleeves of his white dress shirt roll up at his elbows, and the hand tucked into his pocket draws my attention to his ankle-cropped, grey plaid slacks, which complement his black loafers and tie.

His free hand hugs a disposable Jason's Java cup and a dimpled grin forms a smile across his chiseled cheekbones.

"Olivia Graham?" My name leaves his perfect lips again, this time in the form of a question.

"I'm sorry...do I know you?" I would remember meeting someone this beautiful before.

Wouldn't I?

"No, I'm sorry—my bad! Of course, you wouldn't recognize me. However, I hope you've heard of me." His smile grows mischievous as he gives me a flirty wink and continues. "Surely, Axel mentioned my charismatic personality and dashing good looks at some point!" he says boldly, knowing how attractive he truly is.

"Mickey?" I hesitate, unsure if that's the answer he's looking for.

"The one and only!" He takes a dramatic bow.

I giggle at his gesture as he plops down in the seat opposite mine.

"Oh, please join me!" I respond sarcastically, motioning my hand across the circular table towards the chair he sits in.

A shit-eating grin forms on his face, making his adorable laugh lines reappear.

"Axel did mention that quick tongue of yours..." he says with a provocative tone as he slowly brings his coffee to his lips.

Blood flows to my face and ears and my cheeks burn.

What else did Axel mention about my tongue?

Mickey laughs at my embarrassed response. He looks pleased with himself in having achieved his goal to make me uncomfortable.

Asshole.

"I'm teasing, sweetheart. Axel doesn't kiss and tell." He takes another sip of his coffee before continuing. "However, if you get bored of him, give me a call!" He winks in a playful way that tells me he's all talk.

He'd never go for someone his best friend is interested in, I can tell he isn't the type. This flirty fuckboy facade is just that.

There's more to Mickey than what meets the eye.

"I think I'll have to pass on your very generous offer," I respond teasingly.

"Your loss," he teases back.

"So how'd you recognize me? Did Axel show you a pic?"

"I actually helped him find you." He chuckles. "Wow, that sounds creepy out loud."

We both laugh and sip on our coffee as I share my blueberry scone.

Mickey continues our conversation between bites. "We saw pictures of you on social media with the famous Ms. Alvarez..." His grin grows. "Speaking of Eliza, do you think I could get her number?"

"You don't ever stop, do you?" I ask through laughter.

"I have to find some way to get over you, don't I?" He pushes out his bottom lip in a dramatic pout with matching puppy dog eyes.

This man is hilarious and relentless.

"Fuck it! Axel wanted to set you up with her anyways...here!" I pass Mickey my cell to add his number into it. "I'll share your contact info with her and if she's interested, she'll call you."