Chapter 6

I return to my office, trying to process what I just witnessed. Axel Carrington is my mystery man and he's meeting with Frank. What's he doing here? This can't be a coincidence.

Can it?

I sit at my desk, staring at the clock, completely lost in thought.

Looks like I won't be getting any more work done today...

I grab my laptop in an attempt to work from home and head towards the parking garage.

Sliding into the driver's seat, I feel a sense of relief wash over me. If he was here by accident, I definitely didn't want to run into him as I left. What would I even say if I saw him?

Hey there...Remember me? We shared multiple orgasms last weekend.

Driving home, my head is clouded with confusion. I give Eliza a call from the car, filling her in on my recent realization. To be expected, she's elated and makes me promise to divulge every dirty detail as soon as I get home—her words.

Before I can turn the key to unlock the front door, my crazy best friend swings it open with a big shit-eating grin. She eagerly shrieks, "Olivia Graham fucked a celebrity!"

My cheeks burn as I hastily slam the front door behind me. Thanks, Liza, our neighbors now know about my sex life, too.

I look forward to the sanctimonious glares at the next resident BBQ.

Grabbing a bottle of red and two glasses, I make my way to the living room. "Eliza, I live with a celebrity."

She rolls her eyes. "That's not the same thing. You shagged Carrington Cock." She giggles at her own cleverness before continuing, "That's gotta be on someone's bucket list somewhere!"

"Well, it definitely wasn't on mine."

Liza slyly grins and raises a brow, "But a repeat is on your list now..."

I glare at her in a painfully obvious manner and she drops the topic.

She uncorks the wine and fills the bowl-shaped glasses to the rim. "I think we need full glasses tonight, don't you?"

"Sure...Whatever helps me forget this day."

She chuckles trying to make light of the situation, knowing that I'm panicking internally. Liza understands my history with workplace romances and I do not want to revisit it.

I grab my glass and begin chugging. My vision starts to blur as anger fuels me. What's Axel playing at? The Monday after we fuck, he is meeting with my boss. It doesn't add up. I have never even seen him at V.I.C before today. I definitely would have remembered those eyes...

Control yourself!

He's up to something and I want no part of it. I refuse to repeat the past.

After my last rocky relationship, I promised to never mix business with pleasure again.

Jack was this corporate hotshot that came off as relatable with a hint of arrogance. A likable bad-boy that wore his heart on his sleeve. He'd opt for a leather jacket and motorcycle over a suit and a foreign car any day.

His smile always smirked upwards when he spoke, and the way his eyes crinkled when he laughed would make anyone's heart stop. He basically had his own office fan club. Most of the women and even some of the men were smitten with him, but he had chosen me...Well, kind of?

He worked for Frank's company for many years, which meant he had most of the office on his side when we broke up. I only had Frank and Penny...

When we parted ways, our working relationship became very complicated.