Chapter 14

Axel presses the ignition, reviving the engine with a roar, competing with the sounds of the city.

I look to the stereo, trying to find a distraction as we drive to work together.

"Here, take this and browse my playlists," Axel says while pulling his phone out of his impeccably crisp blazer, and handing it to me.

Following our morning activities, we swung by his place, so that he could shower and change his clothes.

Seeing him change was definitely worth the detour.

The clearly custom-made, navy blue suit flawlessly matches his tie and vest. His ironed white twill button-up shirt with a point collar and French cuffs are tailored to show off his defined frame. The slim-fitting, almost cropped dress pant and complimenting light brown leather loafers hint at his leg tattoos.

Goddamn. How is he this attractive?

"Did you find any songs that you like?" Axel smiles, placing his hand on my leg.

"I'm still judging your musical taste..." I let out a laugh before continuing. "You know you can learn a lot about someone based on what they listen to. This could be a make-or-break situation for you, Mr. Carrington." I wink and resume scrolling through his favorites.

Rap, hip-hop, the classics...

His playlists are systematically compiled according to his current moods, the genre, artist, and year it was released. Just like the books in his library, every song is categorized and precisely arranged.

Axel's attention to detail astounds me.

"So did I pass your little test, Ms. Graham?" His mouth grows into that cheeky grin as he briefly looks my way, making my pulse race.

Please don't ever stop looking at me like that.

"With flying colors!" I return a teasing smile and select a song about sex, provoking him just a tad.

Axel massages my leg gently, clearly enjoying my choice in music. His fingers tenderly knead my thigh, working their way towards my core, forcing my knees to squeeze tightly together.

I can't be thinking about getting off on the way into work...

Can I?

His strong grip tenses and relaxes in sync with the rhythmic beat and I close my eyes, thinking back to our morning together.

After we ate breakfast, Axel had cleared our plates, not allowing me to touch a dish as he cleaned the entire kitchen. He then took my hand and guided me down the hall.

Once we made it to my bedroom, he immediately slammed the door and locked it behind us. He passionately smashed his lips into mine, cupping my face in his palms, his tongue tenderly gaining entrance, seeking a union before taking control.

This kiss felt different from the others—he had owned my mouth as if he finally had the permission to own me.

My fingers impulsively pulled at his pants, trying to remove them, begging for it. I needed him to fuck me and he was happy to please.

Before I knew it, our bodies interlaced within the sheets of my bed, expressing our newfound feelings without uttering any words.

His hot tongue burned patterns into my skin as his eyes took me in like he was memorizing every naked detail. The way he looked at me made me fall for him even more. He made me feel beautiful and wanted.

For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was first-choice.

I wouldn't say we made love, because it's honestly too soon to even consider the 'L' word, but the chemistry between us stirred undeniable feelings in me, quickly becoming my new source of comfort.