Chapter 5

"Get in, you sexy bitch!" Eliza shouts out the window, honking the horn of her bright yellow Lamborghini.

She then turns up the radio, blasting club music, while proceeding to dance and grind against her steering wheel.

You've got to be fucking kidding me?!

Eliza Alvarez, doesn't know the definition of discreet.

This embarrassing feeling brings me back to when foster parent eleven would pick me up from school, bumping old-school hip hop in his prehistoric minivan, while winking at the school administrators.

I cringe as I swiftly hop into the passenger seat of her extravagant car. "Really Liza? Could you be anymore obvious? Fuck you!"

She throws back her head in laughter. "Love you, Liv! Brunch is on me!"

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, it is...And dinner."

She tosses me a change of clothes and we drive to our favorite spot. I attempt to discreetly undress in the passenger seat as I fill her in on all of the events that unfolded.

"Oh my god...Olivia Graham, had a one-night stand! I'm so proud of you. How are you feeling? Are you ok? Do you regret it? I hope I didn't pressure you—"

"Liza, stop! I'm fine. It was pretty liberating."

I picture him...

"There was such a strong physical and sexual attraction between us."

I imagine his touch...

"He was very experienced, too. I can't even put it into words. Our bodies just knew each other."

She grins, looking pleased. "Well, Liv it sounds like you owe me a thank you, for forcing you to be my plus one."

I laugh, "Who's being the cheeky bitch now?" She chuckles at my retort. "Seriously though, thank you for getting me out of my head and making me have some fun."

"No problem babe! Now let's hear more about this note he left you. Sounds like he wasn't done with you yet?!"

I shrug my shoulders and change the subject. Maybe he wanted to see me again or maybe he was just being polite? Either way, I barely know what I want, so it's probably for the best that I left.

We arrive at brunch and I avoid the topic of my mystery man for the entire meal. Eliza catches me up on the two men she danced with and I try to follow along, without thinking about my night. I suppress steamy flashbacks of our bodies intertwining.

Lowering my head, I stare at my feet as I feel my face flush. Liza pauses and then carries on with the conversation, acting as though she hadn't noticed. We finish up eating and head home.

The rest of the weekend flies by, but not without little moments from that night creeping back in.

———

Waking up early Monday morning, I take a cold shower seeking to cleanse both my body and my mind.

Definitely my mind...

I head into the office and try to get a jumpstart on my week. We have several client meetings and a new program rolling out, that requires my full attention.

I can't afford to be distracted by abs and orgasms.

I work fairly efficiently throughout the day, but stop at 2:00 p.m. for a quick lunch. I leave my office and take the glass elevator to the seventy-fifth floor, appreciating the spectacular view of Manhattan.