Chapter 35

Liza pulls out her house key as we walk through the mirrored condo corridor and approach the door. Reaching for the handle, I stop her from unlocking it. "Wait! There's something I forgot to tell you."

She looks at me with a confused expression. "What's that?"

"Axel's staying over."

Before she can respond, the front door swings open, startling us both. "Ladies! You're finally home!"

"And Mickey..." I nervously add as he stands in the doorway, greeting us with a huge grin.

She drops her Sake's to-go on the shiny, tiled floor and dramatically leaps into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist, giving him an awkwardly long kiss.

Just a guess, but I think she's cool with him being here.

Pushing past their disgusting display of affection, I set our shopping bags down in the foyer and follow the smell of chocolate to the kitchen. Rounding the corner, I see Axel standing over the stove baking cookies, shirtless and wearing only tight-fitted grey sweats.

Dreams really do come true.

I slink my arms around his waist from behind, pulling his muscular back against my chest. I trail kisses along the outlines of his artwork, making my way to his neck. Standing on my tiptoes, I roll my tongue towards his ear and gently bite down on his lobe, knowing the effect it'll have.

Axel immediately sets down the cookie dough ball and turns around. Lifting me up in his arms, he places my ass on the cool marble countertop and stands between my legs. "Ms. Graham, you know I have no problem fucking you in front of an audience," he says seductively, gripping his tattooed hands around my thighs, working his fingertips towards my core.

And I'm wet.

"I'll get the popcorn!" Mickey interjects, interrupting my growing arousal.

"I'm down for an orgy!" Eliza chimes in as she makes her way to the freezer.

Hard pass.

After placing her mochi inside, she turns to us. "Not that I'm complaining, but what're you boys doing here tonight?" She looks at Mickey. "I thought you had to work?"

"I finished up early and Tony couldn't spare any extra security, so I had to go with Axel and Bjorn." He anxiously rubs the back of his neck before adding. "And I wanted to see you."

"Good answer." She winks and grabs two bottles of wine with four bowl-shaped glasses. "You'll sleep in my room tonight."

"I can take the couch in the—"

"Nope. You're sleeping with me," she interrupts, cocking a brow. "Unless you don't want to?"

"I want to!" Mickey practically shouts and we all burst into laughter at his eagerness.

"Speaking of Bjorn," I change the subject, hoping to avoid another gross interaction with these two. "Where is he?"

Axel chuckles as he points to the living room. Jumping off the counter, I peer around the hall, wondering what's so funny. I spot their beefy security guard with his feet up, comfortably sprawled across my couch. He eats ice cream out of a half-gallon container, accompanied with a large glass of wine, while watching reality TV, looking like he's living his best life.

Who knew Bjorn's guilty pleasure was the Real Housewives?!

I quietly laugh to myself as I rejoin the group in the kitchen, discussing our plans for the evening.

I walk past Axel, making my way towards the alcohol. He grabs my arm and pulls me into him, pressing my back against his bare abs, feeling every crease of his toned frame.