Part 1

Introduction

"Never judge a book by its cover"

Aroon was a sweet boy that everyone loved. His childhood had only happiness, the laughter of Aroon and his family often filled the room and all their relatives envied them for their happy life. even though they weren't rich people but Aroon parent kindness was filling their hearts with joy. until something horrible happened! Aroon lost his parents and everything changed after that! He started living with his grandmother who took a good care of him for the last four years. she managed to protect him all that time from the harsh life outside and even from her cruel son who lived far away and didn't like the idea of Aroon living in his mother house for free! that was Aroon uncle who didn't want his mom to even pay a dollar on Aroon expenses! but Aroon grandma was always taking care of him regardless of her cruel son opinion.

Scene1:

Aroon just got his final grades, he was so happy that he finally graduated from high school and got full marks in most of his classes. He greeted his teacher and said good bye to his colleagues rushing to reach his grandmother. He wanted to tell her that all the effort she did to take care of him so that he can study and pass the exams has paid off! "Finally she can rest and I can work and take care of our expenses. My grandma is really kind. After I lost my parents, she did all she can to fulfill my life with care and love. She always treated me like an adult. she usually give me responsibilities instead of orders, and give me advices whenever I needed. 

"Don't judge people by their appearance, judge them by their hearts and the way they treat you!" My grandma used to say this advice over and over until it was engraved in my brain. Aroon was thinking to himself while riding a motorcycle taxi heading to his grandmother house.

Aroon reached the house and tried to find his grandmother all over the house, until he found her laid on the floor! She wasn't feeling well.

Grandmother, let me help you!

Don't be afraid my son, it's just a heat stroke maybe, I was cleaning the Gardena and stayed outside for a while under the hot sun.

Why would you clean it? I can clean the garden for you, I finished exams already, I have free time.. Aroon said.

Oh, how was your grades? Grandmother asked.

I passed, I have full marks in almost all the classes, said Aroon with a proud smile.

Congratulations my son, your parents would be so proud of you if they were here! Grandmother said pressing a kiss on his forehead.

Lately, Aroon grandmother is not feeling well but she don't let Aroon know about her sickness! until one day...

Aroon enters his grandmother room worried as she called him with her weak voice in the middel of the night: "Aroon! Help me please"!

Aroon: yes grandma, are you ok?

Grandma: help me! I'm not feeling well! (fainting)

Grandma, grandma.. let me take you to the hospital! 

the 18 years old kid rushing while holding his grandma to put her inside the taxi in the middle of the night... Aroon was scared. his heart beats fast as his grandma is the only person left in his family.

Scene 2

Aroon is standing in the hospital hallway waiting for the doctor to come out and tell him about his grandma health condition! It was along wait! He took his phone out of his pocket and kept browsing old family photos that was taken before losing his parents. He was never alone like now!

Aroon life was full of happiness, he was loved by everyone in his family. No worries, no fears, he never thought he would lose everything in one minute! Only his grandmother left for him and he is afraid to death that he might lose her as well.

Finally the doctor comes out!

Aroon: Please tell me how is my grandma doing?

Doctor: She is ok now, but she almost had a heart attack! you did the right thing by bringing her to the hospital as soon as possible. my advice to you my son to go home and get some rest! as your grandma have to stay here for a couple of days. she will be fine, the nurses are taking care of her!

Aroon: I don't want to leave her alone.

Doctor: in this case just tell an adult from your relatives to stay with her while you are taking some rest.

Aroon eyes started tearing while walking out from the hospital. He realized that he don't have any relatives who can help! The only family member left which is his uncle lives so far away! Aroon decided to go back to his house, change his clothes and come back to the hospital to be close to his grandma.

Scene 3

While Aroon and his grandma were in the hospital, a bunch of thievses entered their house! they were looking everywhere for money or valuable things to rob.

Somsak! who is the leader of the gang, was chilling on the sofa when another member of the gang approached him and asked: P Som! (a Thai tradition to address people who is older than you with a phai/p before saying their name), Why are you siting like that! Aren't we suppose to be quick so nobody see us?

Somsak: I told everyone that you will not find money in here! This is a poor people house! not like rich people houses that we are used to rob, but all of you didn't listen!

Aroon finally reached his grandma house, he was very tired. When he got closer to the main door he heard some noise! he stand still for a minute listening but all of a sudden the noise was gone! He said to himself: its probably my imagination!

When the gang heard the main door opining! they were terrified!

The moment Aroon opened the door, he saw someone in front of him with a gun in his hand! it was Somsak!

Aroon with shock : who are you? Why are you here? I will call the police!

Call the police, but before that I will shot you! :Somsak said pointing the gun to Aroon face.

Somsak continued: in order not to get hurt kid, slowly close the door and stand still!

A gang member said to Somsak: P, he will tell the police about us? he saw your face! What we gonna do? we didn't find anything in his poor house anyway!

Somsak turned to Aroon and said: listen kid! its true that we were trying to rob your house! but at the end we didn't find any money! So its your choice, either we get out of here and we will never see each other again! or you decide to do something stupid and get yourself hurt!

The situation is so dense, Somsak and his gang are afraid of Aroon and what he might do! at the same time Aroon is so scared with loud heart beats! he is looking at the gang while shaking and holding his breath, he had never dealt with thieves in his live and have no clue what to do!

                      End of Chapter 1