Part 9 (Eye-opener)

Scene 17

In the mean while, Somsak and Fern were still inside the night club. Fern released Somsak lips after a long kiss. Somsak was surprised because of what Fern did! he looked around and he didn't find Aroon nor Tom!

Somsak: are you really drunk? or something is wrong?

Fern: why? I cant kiss my boyfriend!

Somsak: of course you can, but normally you don't kiss me like that in front of people! especially people we know! I think Aroon was shy that's why he left the table.

Fern: that kid again! why do you bring Aroon up now? do you realize how often you bring him up in your conversations these days!

Somsak: I live with him, he is a part of my life right now! isn't it normal to mention him up?

he is not a part of your life! you are just helping him for a limited period of time and once he get a job and start college you probably will not gonna see him again! Fern said firmly!

Somsak: why are you upset? do you hate him that much!

Fern: I don't hate him! I just pity him! he is misunderstanding your help and empathy! you should be more careful when dealing with teenagers! things can get mixed up very easily for them!

Somsak: I don't get it! what do you mean?

Fern: you were right! normally I don't kiss you in public but I did that on purpose to see Aroon reaction, and it turns out that what I was thinking is right!

This is so weird? Somsak wondered! he was clueless!

Fern: he obviously have feelings for you!

Somsak with surprise: what?

Fern: I have been watching his interactions with you lately and I can tell clearly that he is starting to have feelings for you, if he is not in love with you already! just now when I was dizzy and you where helping me I took a look at him and he was staring at you the whole time! a lot of things that you as a man might no notice! but I'm a women and I definitely see that!

Somsak: how you can make sure you are not imagining things?

Fern: I just made sure! didn't you see his reaction when I kissed you! all I'm saying is that you have to be careful when you interact with him from now on... for his own sake! he is in an age that he can very easily imagine that he is falling in love with the only person who helped him and protected him!

Somsak: I still think you are exaggerating! but even though I will do as you said! but don't ask me to stop helping him this is a red line that no one can cross! understood?

Fern putting her head on Somsak shoulder: I will never do that, all I'm doing is because I love you baby.

Somsak was puzzled with what Fern just said and started analyzing things that he never noticed before! which may or may not be a good thing! It was a big eye-opener that Fern thinks that Aroon has feelings for him! also her saying that Aroon will leave when he start college. this have never crossed Somsak mind, this idea irritated him the most. Lately, he got used to Aroon presence in his life, he forget these little details or maybe ignored them! he felt the warmth of the family after living with Aroon, regardless of what their relationship was!

On the other hand, Fern had Aroon in her mind as an enemy starting this moment! she decided to watch him closely! as if his life wasn't hard enough so she decided to make it even harder!