Part 3

Scene6

Aroon fell a sleep right next to his grandma bed at the hospital, It was such a long night for him that finally get to an end.

Aroon wake up and checked on his grandma she was sleeping deeply. he went to check on Somsak. "Aww you wake up already! how are you feeling?"

Somsak: I'm better, I don't think I need to stay in here any longer.

We will wait for the doctor to decide that! Aroon said!

Somsak with a sharp tone: listen kid, do you know that nobody dares to give me orders!

The nurse interrupted: The doctor is here to see tha patient.

After examination, doctor said: Your wound is ok and can be released from the hospital only if you make sure to rest at least for a couple of days!

Somsak tried to get up but felt a little weak still!

Aroon: let me help.

Somsak: Since I was born, after my mother I never needed anyone help! no need.

Somsak trying to get up hardly! Aroon decided to help without his permission.

Leave my hand! :Somsak said, pushing Aroon hand.

Aroon: don't be a stubborn!

Somsak obediently accepted Aroon help and they walked together until they reached the hospital entrance.

Aroon: don't look at me like I'm going to leave you go this easy! lets sit over there. pointing to a bench close to the entrance.

Somsak : why you don't want to leave me go?

Aroon: You want me to leave you go and rob someone else's house tonight so you arm condition gets even worse? remember I treated you with my own money so at least you can do as I say for now!

Somsak pissed of: do what?

Aroon: The doctor said you have to rest and eat well for a couple of days! I will feel guilty if I didn't pay you back for your favor last night, for that reason I will let you stay at my grandma house until she feel better and leave the hospital, how is this plan?

Somsak: Are you crazy? kid, I'm a gang member who tried to rob your house last night? are you even kidding?

Aroon smiling for the first time since last night. I'm not kidding, I know you tried to rob my house at first! but if you are bad person you wouldn't get yourself hurt to protect a stranger!

Somsak: you look like a cute little kid when you smile, you should smile more often!

Aroon feeling embarrassed: cute! hey stop calling me a kid! I'm 18 years old and after summer break I will be a college student!

Somsak: then, until the summer break ends you are still a kid!
Aroon smiled while still being upset because Somsak calling him a kid over and over again.

Scene 7

All of a sudden Aroon phone rings!
Aroon: hello! Who's with me?
Aroon face have a panic expression suddenly! He ended the call quickly!
Aroon: my grandma situation is changing quickly, they got her back to the intensive care. I have to go back inside!
I'm coming with you: Somsak said.
Both getting inside the hospital right away.
Nurse what happened! :Aroon said
Nurse avoided looking into Aroon eyes and stayed silent!
The doctor came out, "what happened doctor please tell me!" Said Aroon panicking.
Doctor: I'm sorry kid! Stay strong, we've lost your grandmother!
The news was a shock to Aroon, he stayed staring with widely opened eyes with a feeling of denial! He didn't want to believe that the only person who loved him and cared for him has left this wold! 💔
What you mean lost her! You mean she will stay longer in the hospital correct! Said Aroon while his tears falling like rain with a scary expression on his face, he didn't want to believe!
Aroon: its ok she can stay, I will stay in the hospital with her I will not leave her..
Doctor and nurse felt so sad for Aroon situation!
Aroon started yelling: let me see her! I wanna see her she will listen to me she will stay in the hospital until she gets better! She love me and listen to me always...
Somsak holds Aroon and shake him roughly to make him realize: "Aroon, there is no use of doing this, she is relived, I promise you she is in a better place".
"What do you mean? I'm alone again. Is that what you mean! I'm not gonna have her hand patting on my head to tell me I did a good job when I got final grades! You are telling me I have no one to care about" .. Aroon started fainting and Somsak hugged him tightly.

Somsak loudly: you still have me with you!

Both looking into each other eyes for a minute!
Aroon started crying like a child and pushed his face into Somsak chest.
Somsak hugging Aroon for a minute until he stopped crying.
Can we go outside for a minute: Somsak said!
Aroon nodded approving.
They sat on the same bench and Somsak wiped a tear without letting Aroon notice! He was deeply touched with all what happened with Aroon.
Somsak: you know, when my mom died three years ago, I was probably in your age!
Aroon raised his face looking at Somsak!
Somsak: for me, I have a father and all my relatives exists, but none of them care about me but my Mom. She was the one who took care of me and advised me always, I promised myself when I was in middle school that I will never let her worry about money, thats why I was always working hard until the day she was dying in my hands. she let me promise her to be a good person and graduate from college.
Aroon stopped crying and was listening to somsak story.
Aroon: then why you didn't keep the promise?
Somsak: I will tell you later, but what I need you to know that my mom and your grandma are in a better place now, and if you want your grandma to be relieved you have to take care of your self! The outside world is a cruel place! And you have to stay strong!

Aroon trying to calm himself down after he listened to Somsak sad story! Realizing that he is not alone and someone else had similar loses! He also realized that he have to deal with a lot of things around him on his own from now on.. he closed his eyes and wished that all of this was a bad dream! And he will wake up to find his grandma waiting for him when he go home.

End of chapter 3