My new life 5

I stared at the walls in the cold and damp room. I was still in shock. I wanted Scott and Dan with me but it was not allowed. I couldn't even go for my one phone call. When I arrived they took my phone and iPod away from me. They told me it was necessary incise they decided to track me. I just kept running the last hours events over and over in my mind.

*****

"Well what do we have here?"

My stomach churned. We rumbled? Slowly I turned my head and I sighed in relief. It was a police man. Dan stood up and jumped out of the bin we landed in. I was just about to get up when I felt something hard fall on my back. My eyes were fixed on the horrified expression on the policeman. I moved my stare to match his. Lay on top of me was someone else. I recognised that it was a shop assistant. She, and now me, were covered in blood.

"Can someone get her off me please" once I said that the policeman stepped forward still lost in a weird trance and lifted her off me and carried her to an ambulance parked nearby. I rolled off Scott and I stood up. I collapsed into a heap in the bin.

"Teri? Teri?" Scott called

"Head rush." I decided to get up slowly. I made my way to the edge of the bin when Dan put his hands around my waist. He lifted me up with ease. He made it seen effortless. I never thought that I was light. Wow he must be really strong! He set my feet on the ground very carefully then he pulled me into a hug. He whispered in my ear " don't worry I've got you. You are safe now." for some weird reason I did feel safe. I hugged him back.

Scott cleared his throat from behind us. I let go of Dan to turn and face Scott and my face turned scarlet. Something in Scott's expression made me feel upset. He seemed very sad do I skipped over to him and gave him a big bear hug. “I thought you had forgotten me" he whispered into my ear. But his whisper made me get Goosebumps on the back of my neck and I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Once I had let go I went over to the ambulance to see the woman. I was so glad she managed to escape. I wondered how she did it and were other people coming. She made me have hope. Hope that it would all be over soon. I got to the ambulance door and inside was someone in a body bag.

"How is that woman?" I inquired.

"Did you know her?" the paramedic asked. He had a concerned look on his face.

"No I just saw her working in the shop today. Why?"

"I am afraid she was shot. She died instantly. They sent her body into the bin with a note tied around her."

I heard a high pitch scream. With a shock I saw everyone look at me. Oh was that me. "That evil, twisted-" at that moment I felt arms holding me back. I struggled for a while to I had to stop my rant and put all of my energy into getting free. This had to end now. The police were just sat there calmly while people were dying. Why didn't they do something?

After a while I had no more energy. I collapsed onto my knees and put my head onto the ground. I started to cry uncontrollably.

A policeman tried to make me move. Emphasis on tried. I couldn't move. I felt a strong pair of arms around me. I turned and buried my head into the surprisingly comfy shoulder. I closed my eyes and thought of the arms surrounding me as my sanctuary. I was safe here.

I was placed inside a car. I woke up to find myself alone in a room. I banged on the doors for someone to answer. After a while a man came along and said that I have to be quiet and that I wasn't allowed to see my friends.

******

"Come with me" a voice boomed from behind me. I turned to face the door and staring back at me was a huge guy. I mean he was absolutely huge! I had no idea anyone could be that big. I stayed where I was too intimidated to move. "Move now" he shouted. In an urgent tone. Oh god what if he worked for the gang at the shop? Had I been found? The man stuffed me into the back of a transit van. Well actually he threw me in and it really hurt my bum. He tied my hands together. Suddenly it went dark and I could feel pressure on my eyes. Shoot it was a blind fold so there was no way I could get out of this.