An Unexpected Change 52

Really sorry about not uploading I had a TON of electronics homework and other subjects and loads of stuff has been going on so this is not really a good chapter because i have writers block at the moment. I think that there is 3 or 4 chapters left for me to write but the ending is a big twist and it could lead onto a sequel.

Here you are

~~~~~

The rest of the week flew by with everyone working hard on their rehearsals. The posters were up all around the town. Fliers were handed out to anyone and everyone. We had even created a facebook event so if those chairs weren't full I would be gutted.

We were all working our hardest and sharing the stage for rehearsal started to get more and more difficult as people were trying to cram in last minuet practises. It was Thursday evening at dinner was rushed so that everyone could go back to practising their act or finishing costumes or the set.

Jace and me were going to go to the gym to practise because that was the only available space since we were two of the few who even knew it existed. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and waited for Jace to arrive. While I waited I decided that I would put on the gloves and throw a couple of punches. I quickly got into the rhythm of it. I hadn't boxed in about a week and I had missed it so much but the show was my top priority at the moment.

"Teri?" Jace called.

"Yep." I replied putting down my gloves.

"You ready?"

"Sure."

"I thought we could do Moves like Jagger."

"Yer sure but what about our slow song? We haven't even rehearsed that yet. I don't even know what it is."

"Yer don't worry we can do that later."

He turned the speakers on and we ran through it. Then we focused on the lifts to make sure they were perfect. The crazy lady kept giving us more and more lifts to do. I swear she was a cheerleader because lots of our lifts were taken from cheerleader routines which meant I have to be thrown into the air and then it is up to Jace to catch me. She told me that I need to trust him because if we didn't have trust he would drop me. How ironic. I tell him he needs to earn my trust and the crazy lady is telling me I need to trust him.

We got to our last list where I balance on one foot on his right hand. This was always the hardest as you could imagine. I needed full concentration. I stretched my arms out to hold my balance and I stood still till he threw me up off his hand and then I had to lie back and wait for him to catch me. This part terrified me the most, the free fall and just waiting to be caught. Once I was safe in his arms he puts me down on the floor.

"We better go and pick up our costumes." Jace said.

"Yer ok."

We walked into the theatre and it was still buzzing with people still practising and sorting out the stage and lights. We walked over to a group in the corner of the room with a pile of fabric next to them, my guess is that they were making the costumes.

"Have you got our costumes?" I asked them

"Ermm." A small girl stuttered.

"She has your first costume but that is your other costume." Another girl said and pointed to the floor. The small girl looked at the floor as if she was waiting for me to explode.

I grabbed the pink fabric from the floor. It was a thin flowing fabric which gave me an idea. "Can I use your sewing machine?" I asked the small girl.

"Err yes ok." She replied.

I sat down and got to work. I made the bodice first just a simple strapless top but I had to have a few layers on it because it was so thin. It didn't take me too long. Next I started on the skirt. I made it very long so it would trail behind me. I was completely focused that I didn't even notice the room as everyone left and the room was empty. I didn't even notice the hours run away as I kept sowing my dress together. It reminded me of being at my nan's with the pile of food and constant tea drinking. I missed her a lot. I hadn't even spoken to her since I left. Not that I had much of a choice. I had to throw my phone because of Dan so her number was lost. I looked up at the clock and I got a shock when it said 1 in the morning. I quickly sewed the last part of my dress, picked up my clothes and headed to my room. I had a big day tomorrow I had to make sure that I wouldn't collapse due to lack of sleep.

~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading and please leave me a comment and make my day!!!