My new life... 2

I am editing all chapters so please let me know if there are any mistakes!!

~~~~~~~

The waitress showed us to a booth in the corner and offered us menus. We both decided that burgers were the way to go and once we had ordered Scott quizzed me on life in England. He seemed so interested in what I had to say and he laughed when I said I liked to drink water not inhale it when he asked me about living in Florida. I have to admit I didn't come up with that one on my own.

After a while I didn't want to talk anymore because I was starting to fell self-conscious, he probably hoped that I would shut up soon. So I decided to turn the tables and ask him questions.

"So what about you how is life in sunny Florida it has got to be better than my life." I questioned.

"Nah I don't do that much to be honest. School is boring so it's not that exciting" he shrugged

The mention of school reminded me of a question I needed to ask him.  "What school do you go to?" I asked.

"Lincoln, it's just up the road. You?"

"Same" I confirmed, I was so happy at least I would know someone there unless he didn't want to be seen with me, then I would be all alone again. "As a junior?" I continued

"Yep" He answered, even better I thought! "I hope we have some classes together." He stated.

Oh my Gosh he wanted classes with me I felt so happy right now. I guess that living here is not such a bad thing after all I mean at least I meet Scott.

"Yes same" I tried to disguise the excitement in my voice. I don't think it worked because his face cracked into a big smile; I may need to work on that.

After we finished eating our burgers Scott ordered me a chocolate milkshake because apparently they are 'famous' around town. I have to admit that it was amazing and I made a mental note to definitely come here again.

 I looked into his eyes as he was telling me about something that he and his friend Aaron did together and I got so caught up in his eyes and jokes that without thinking I blurted out "You are very funny!" as soon as I said it I had to keep laughing from his last joke to make it look not weird if that was possible. I should be locked up and not allowed to speak to the public.

He smiled.  It was an amazing smile and had no choice to return it but I had to make sure my mouth was closed so I could not embarrass myself further with a dodgy toothy grin. "I'm glad you find me funny. I like to make you laugh. You have a very pretty laugh." he expressed through his grin. Now I was gobsmacked what should I say? O

I settled for "Thanks" with a big smile. Once again, may I just say, I am an idiot.

After he paid for lunch he drove me home and as he pulled up on the curb he turned to me and said "Thanks I had a really good time."

"Same" I said even though I was not ready for this to end. It had been one of the best days of my life. I had finally found a guy who was sweet kind and funny and who might actually like me. I had to think of a way to spend a few more hours together "Do you want to see if you can beat me at pacman?" I asked.