My new life 14

I couldn't leave everyone hanging for too long so here is the next part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I froze. My sobs from a few seconds ago were gone.

"Teri. What happened?" A warm pair of arms engulfed me. I felt so safe in them like everything that just happened didn't matter. I felt like there was no one else around. I felt like I belonged somewhere. A feeling that I had been longing for since my life went down hill.

"Scott why are you here?" I managed to force the words out of my lips desperatly covering up my broken voice.

"I love you Teri. I want to be with you and I am not going to let you go that easily. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You may not believe it but ask my friends and my family. They have seen the difference you have made. I was just a zombie all of my life was sucked out but you injected it back into me. I haven't stopped smileing since I first saw you. Please just give me a chance." He begged.

"I-  I just can't" I wimpered more tears fell from my eyes at the thought of hurting him. I am such a bad person and he deserves more.

" You can." He gently took my hands in his. "  Teri look at me" I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He grabbed my face lightly and turned my head towards him so I had no other option but to look into his pleading eyes. "I would never hurt you. I would never let anyone hurt you. I promise." 

Inside it had to choose between my head and heart. If I gave in to him I could live with it until he hurt me. Which he promised not to do. Or if I went with my head could I live with out him. The answer was no, I couldn't. So should I trust him? He must of seen my torn look.

"Please just- please" He whispered in my ear. Then he leaned forward slowly giving me time to change my mind. To push him away. I couldn't find the stenght in myself to do so.  I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted to trust him. Then the moment his lips were on mine all of my worries melted away.

He pulled away. " Now tell me why you were crying and why you are soaking wet." He saw I was about to refuse. " Trust me".

I gave him a weary glance then I sighed and gave in. "My best friend got this lad to get me to dance then she poured a bucket of water over me. She just wanted to humilliate me. Well it worked" I told him bitterly.

"There is no way she is going to win." He told me determinedly.

" What?" I questioned.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me back inside into the hall. "Scott don't I just want to leave I really don't want any more embarressment." He pulled me into the corner.

"Just once lease just stick up for youreslf. I will be right there with you."

"Ok bit I am not happy about it." I warned him.

He pulled me back to where everyone was twirling. He pulled me through the crowds then he stopped and grabbed my hands and wrapped them around his neck. Then he put his hands on my waist and we swayed to the music. Everyone just stopped and stared at us. Quite ironic really because stop and stare by one republic was playing. I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

He leant in and said in my ear "See. She hasn't won." I couldn't even reply because my heart stopped at the close contact. "You look amazing" He told me. Awww how sweet! I had only just noticed he was wearing a black suit and tie. It looked amazing on him.

"You look good too" I told him honestly. I had completely forgotten that we were not alone. That the whole room was stareing at us. I had a very horrible reminder.

"What are you doing with that loser." Rachel's voice screached. Wow I had never noticed how annoying her voice was.

"Oh my God your voice is really annoying." I said aloud without even thinking first. The room gasped. No one had ever said anything like that to her before, especially not the quite Teri that would never say a word to anyone. 

Her eyes narrowed. Oh this ment war. " Have you got something in your eyes because your squinting. Oh no that was ment to scare me." I stated innocently. I hadn't just found my amazing comebacks I had them in my blood. Whenever I got insulted I always had a comment to make I just never had the guts to say it out loud but now I have it was just way to funny. I have to do it more often.

The whole room started to laugh. Rachels face was just too funny. Scott was in histarics and I just couldn't hold it in much longer so I bust out laughing. Rachel was furious with me. "You are so dead!" She screamed before she ran towards me launching herself at me.

I side steped out of her way. She ran straight past me. She turned around and I could see the pure hate in her eyes. She ran back towards me. I was so not going to let her get off that easily. When she got close I ducked and stuck my leg out and spun. She went flying, face planting the floor. I grabbed her arms and twisted them behind her back so she couldn't escape.

"Let me go!" She yelled at me.

"No. I want answers. Give them to me or I will break your arms." I threatened her. She didn't say anything so I decided to go ahead and ask her. "Why do you hate me?" I waited for the answer but she didn't say anything. I pulled her arm harder and she yelped in pain. " I don't like people who ignore me! Answer my question."

" You have everything. The perfect life. Perfect family, everyone likes you. You get whatever you want you even get to move to Florida. It's not fair!" she shouted at me. A tear trickled down my cheek.

"You think my life is perfect?" I yelled back. " Everyone here hates me thanks to you. I was almost killed in America because a gang wanted me dead. My ex-boyfriend beat me. I have no where to live because my parents kicked me out. My life is far from perfect."  As soon as I said it I wished I hadn't. I got off her and I walked towards the door.

Someone grabbed my arm. I turned and faced Tess. She was my friend before the whole hate thing. "Wow Teri. I can't believe you stood up for yourself. I can't believe that you went through all of that stuff by yourself while we were all being horrible."

I stood their silently. " I am so sorry for my actions. As part of my apology please come back to my party. You can bring your boyfriend with you."

I couldn't turn down an oportunity to have a friend. " Yer sure we will come but he isn't my boyfriend."

She gave me her famous that's what you think look. " Yer sure" Then we laughed it was great to get a least one thing back to normal. " Come on I will give you both a lift to mine."

"Sure" I replied.

Scott was stood right next to me so we left with her just before the prom finished. I text my nan telling her I was stopping at a friends house. I unsure about what would happen at the party. Unsure of what would happen between me and Scott. We hadn't spoken since we left the prom. I was unsure what we were. Were we friends or boyfriend or girlfriend. I was just too confused for words. I decided to put it to the back of my mind and just enjoy the party.

~~~~~~~~~

Comment vote and Fan please!!!!