My new life 10

Comment!

Vote!

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. I put my hand on the floor next to me. Hang on! It wasn't the wooden floor. It was soft. I opened my eyes. I was lay on the bed and Scott was softly snoring in my ear. He seemed so innocent and vulnerable when he was asleep and the black eye he now had helped to exaggerate the venerable look.

I sat up and saw the chair still barricading the door. I got up and changed from yesterdays dress to a pair of kick flair jeans and a loose blouse.

"Teri" a soft whisper from the other side of the door." Teri can we talk? Please!"

I couldn't hide forever. I had to face him sooner or later because there was no escape for possibly months. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I closed the bedroom door behind me and sat on the sofa. I didn't say anything I just waited for him to break the silence. He sat next to me.

He gently took my hand in his and looked me straight in the eye. "Teri I am so sorry. I would never hurt you. I don't know what came over me. I promise to never hurt you ever again. Please forgive me."

He sounded truly sorry and very sincere. I looked into his eyes for a couple of seconds thinking of my decision.

"I- I forgive you."

"Thank you so much! You won't regret it." a huge smile plastered on his face. Then he lent down to kiss me. I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I said I forgive you but I don't know about 'us' I just need time to decide."

"Time to decide what!" he screamed in my face." I apologised and you accepted, what is there left to decide?"

"Well you hit me and you have an obvious issue with your temper and I don't think I can handle that."

"Issues with my temper? Issues with my temper! I haven't got any issues with my temper. You sad little slag." Then he hit me again.

"You obviously have issues with your temper and this will not ever work out." tears rolled down my face partly because I was breaking up with my so called perfect boyfriend less than 24 hours together. Also partly because his slap killed!

"So what are you saying?"

"Do you want me to spell it out for you? We are over, through, finished!"

He grabbed my arm. My blood boiling. He had no right to hit me or even touch me. My stomach churned at the sight of the women beater.

"We aren't over until I say so."

"Too late Dan. We are already through."

I ran into the bedroom and re-blocked the door. I was still in shock. My happy life where I went to school and went out occasionally, at the time seemed boring, so what if a few people didn't like me. Scratch that, so what if lots of people didn't like me all because of my best friend. I shouldn't of let her win!

Where did it all go wrong? Oh yer I remember when I was in England there was no one wanting me dead. I was never imprisoned in some cabin in the middle of nowhere. I didn't have an abusive relationship with my just ex boyfriend. It all went down hill from a stupid argument making me move over here.

I brought my knees up and put my head in my hands. My cheek still hurt from that sick twisted.... Thing. I will never mention his name again. He is dead to me!

I sobbed quietly not wanting him to hear. That would make him think he had won. That was very far from the truth.

"Teri?" I jumped." Teri it's just me. What is wrong."

I looked up at him.

"Oh my God. Teri did he do that to you?" I just nodded. "come here" he said in a soft voice. I walked over to the bed and sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt safe. I leant on his shoulder. Breathing in his calming smell. He leant his head on mine. It felt so natural.

Wait. No! I was not going through any pain anymore. I moved away from his hold. I lay down and closed my eyes. All I could think was that I miss Scotts arms around me. I have to stop myself thinking like that. If I never want to be hurt again. I have to keep everybody out, no matter what.

Scott put his arms around me again. It pained me so much but I wriggler out of his hold. A tear trickled down my cheek.

"Teri-"

"Don't. I just need to be alone." my voice cracked.

He walked out of the room. "What the hell did you do to her?" he shouted at Dan.

"Mind your own business this is between me and my girlfriend!" he shouted back. I heard a crack and lots of things smashing, I assume they were fighting. I put the pillow over my head and pulled the blanket over the top, not wanting to hear the rest. I used to sit under the blanket when I was little when I was scared. It made me feel safe, like I was in my own little world, where no one could get to me.

~~~~~~

Please please comment and vote!!!