My new life 13

Part 13 unlucky for some but hopefully not for me!!

~~~~~~

Arriving at the airport and outside it was tipping it down. "Nice to be home" I mumbled sarcastically. I made my way to the train station and bought a ticket to my hometown. The place I grew up and became the person I am today.

The train ride took forever and all I did was listen to my iPod which was on full blast listening to the lyrics trying to forget about my own sad life.

As soon as I arrived at the station I walked to my nan's house. As soon as I opened the door she tackled me into a hug. It was so nice to see her and to have someone hug me and care about me. She dragged me inside an within 10 minuets she laid out a hug pile of mash potatoes and meat in front of me. My mood seemed to get much better as time went on.

After dinner I decided to ring my best friend and meet up. It had been so long since I had talked to a girl. My meeting with Scotts friends didn't go well since we ended up being locked in a cupboard scared for our lives.

I dialled Rachels number and let it ring and ring and ring and ring. Finally she picked up.

"Hi" it was great to talk to her.

"Hi Rach I'm back in England do you want to-"

"Never talk to me again traitor." Then she put the phone down. I dropped my phone and froze in shock. My best friend hates me. The person I spent my first sleepover with, the person I talked to when I was upset, the person who I called randomly for no reason even though I saw her 30 minuets before.

I called all of my other friends and I got the same reply from all of them. I was now a traitor. A tear trickled down my cheek. I couldn't stop it I felt so alone there was nothing left for me in America or England. I had made a decision there and then once I have finished my exams I am out of here. Start again all on my own. I don't need anyone.

My nan knocked on my door and I wiped away my tears leaving no trace of them. The last thing I wanted was my nan worrying about me. I put on a fake smile.

"Come in" I called

"I was wondering what day is your prom? I didn't know if you wanted to go shopping with me."

"I don't think I am going to go." I told her honestly.

"No I don't mind that you don't want to go with me. No need to pretend your not going." She forced a smile on her face. It broke my heart. I wanted to make her happy but going to prom with a room full of people hating me really doesn't appeal to me.

Make my nan sad or myself. My decision was easy. "Nan I was unsure about going because I am not really comfortable in a dress." Not a lie but not the reason I don't want to go.

"You would look really good in a dress no need to worry about it." She reassured me.

"Ok I will go to the prom if you help me pick a dress."

Her face lifted she seemed so excited.

"You can have a lie in tomorrow because you must be tired so how about the day afterwards we can go on the train to Birmingham."

"Yer sure I haven't got exams for 2 weeks so I will just be studying until then."

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Such a typical thing for an English nan to say. They always make cups of tea when they can't think of anything else. I smile at her.

"Sure"

For the rest of the night I forgot all of my troubles by watching TV , drinking tea and talking to my nan. These simple things I missed when I was in America.