My new life 1

I have edited this chapter and i think i will edit it more but enjoy it anyway

PLEASE COMMENT

------

"Teri... Teri! For goodness sake answer me!" My mother yelled in my ear.

I rolled my eyes. I hadn't spoken to my mom or my dad in just over two weeks and I definitely was not about to start now. My parents had hoped that I would give up my silent protest just because I was on a plane and there was no hope in returning to England. This was a one way flight. I had no choice but to go over the pond to America. Whether I liked it or not and I definitely did not like it.

I still remember the day they told me as if it was yesterday. It was a few weeks ago, a short while before I left school for study leave before all of my big exams in the summer.

My mom and dad sat me and my brother down. At first, I almost had a heart attack because I thought I was in trouble but a wave of relief washed over me when my mom said "Do you remember where we went on holiday last year?"

Of course I did I love Florida what was not to love about sun, pools, theme parks and all that food!

"It was amazing! Of course I remember" was my reply. I thought they were hinting at going again this year for another holiday which would be amazing. In my head I was already planning what I wanted to do. Shopping was defiantly top of my list.

"I'm glad you said that Teri because we are going to live there!" She said it really fast, like when you rip a plaster off quickly to make it less painful even though it never works. Silence filled the room. No one could speak. Confused I decided not to break the silence.

"When?" My brother asked calmly as I looked at him in shock. I was not able to speak because I knew that I would end up screaming.

"In a fortnight" My father replied in his calm and collected voice.

"What about our exams?" Leo questioned.

"We will get sorted in America and then you can come back for a month for your exams and prom. Then you come back to Florida and start school in September. We found a great one for you." My mom seemed relieved that we were so calm.

She seemed so sure about all of it, like she had planned it. How was she going to find a house in 2 weeks and sort out visas? There was so much to be done, 2 weeks was nowhere near enough time. Then it all clicked in my mind and the light bulb switched on. They had planned it for months and didn't tell us. I felt hurt that they kept something like this.