Nightmares and Dreams from the war

Draco's POV

-----------------

It was the middle of the night when I was suddenly awoken to the sound of crying. I opened my eyes and tried to see in the dark room as my eyes adjusted to the lighting. The crying noise wasn't stopping and I knew where it was coming from. It is a sound I have become familiar with since the end of the war.

"Harry, darling, everything's alright," I said softly as I gently cupped his cheeks and wiped the tears off of them.

His eyes were still sealed shut, tear streaks spilling from the thin lines between his angelic eyelashes. His face looked burdened, stress lined his forehead as his eyebrows furrowed in sadness.

"D-Dray?" He whispered in confusion as his eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing the beautiful emerald orbs that I adore, standing out against the usually white scleras which are now red and bloodshot.

"Hey, don't cry, love," I said, smiling sympathetically and whipping a few more tears off his face.

"I'm s-sorry," He stuttered, looking down.

"There's no need to be sorry," I reassured him, recently I have become accustomed to Harry's dreams and nightmares. I mean, you can't expect someone to go through a war, literally get killed and then brought back to life again, and be completely fine. There have been plenty of times where Harry has helped me with my nightmares of the war too.

"Do you want to talk about your dream?" I asked softly, not wanting to make him feel pressured into telling me. He responded with a slight nod of his head

"I-I was standing in front of the mirror, the mirror of Erised." He started, his face had a look of sadness on it as he remembered the events of his dream.

"It was during the- the battle. 'Mione made me look into it." He continued, tearing up, so I rubbed my thumbs gently on his cheek bones as I cupped his face that fits perfectly into my hands.

"I saw you. You were in the mirror. I felt so torn and guilty. I made you feel horrible, alone, and abandoned just because I was angry when in reality, all I really wanted was to have you back." He admitted and I felt a pang of guilt stab through my heart to hear Harry blame himself for what happened between sixth and seventh year.

"She made me look into the mirror because- because, I was about to go to the forest." He said and a single tear rolled down his face, landing on the pillow beneath his head.

"When I walked away from it and towards the forest, all I could think about was you. How you might feel when you found out what- what I was doing." He choked back a sob and I struggled to keep my own tears back.

I gently put a finger under his chin, tilting his head up so his eyes met mine.

"You don't have to think about that anymore. It's in the past. I'm alright, you're alright, everything is alright. I love you, we have our own little family together, a lovely manor, amazing friends and family who love us. We are us again. You aren't alone, I'm here. And I'm going to continue being here for you even after our last breaths. Because I love you, so much." I said softly, the corner of his lips pulling upwards a bit as he unknowingly gave me the puppy dog eyes that I find adorable.

"Promise?" He said quietly.

"Promise." I smiled, lightly kissing the end of his nose.

After that, I wrapped my arms around him as he snuggled up into my chest. We fell asleep again in a peaceful bliss and love filled slumber.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this fluff :)

<3