Christmas eve with Teddy

Draco's POV

-----------------

Right now Harry and I are in our bed in the Black Manor. The Christmas break just started yesterday and this morning Teddy got dropped off at our place. It is quite late and Harry is already asleep but I stayed up, reading.

We told the Weasley's about our engagement and all of them were very supportive. Especially Molly. She sent us a howler but instead of an angry voice, we were greeted with a high pitched squeal and a very enthusiastic rant about how the wedding will be. It was very amusing.

Tomorrow we are going Christmas shopping and then the next day will be Christmas day and we are going to spend it at the Burrow. Harry loves Christmas shopping and takes it very seriously, it's quite adorable.

Just as I am about to drop off to sleep, I hear a distressed sound coming from upstairs. It's Teddy, he's crying again. I quickly got up from our bed and made my way to his room, not wanting to wake Harry.

"Shhh Teddy, it's ok, I'm here now." I say trying to comfort the little boy in my arms.

"D-Dwaco?" Teddy says between tears.

"Yes, it's Draco. There is no need to cry my little prince." I said to him in a soft voice and tapped his nose lightly with the end of my finger.

Little prince. It's what I call Teddy. When Harry's not around of course. If I said that in front of Harry, god knows how long he would go on about how soft I have become. I hate to admit it but it's true. I guess people you love really do change you for the better though.

Slowly Teddy starts to calm down. His eyes start to close as his hair turns shades of a relaxing blue. I place him carefully back into his bed and sit by him for a few minutes. I place my hand on his cheek and gently stroke it with my thumb.

"Good night my little prince." I say as I place a delicate kiss on his forehead before getting up to go to bed myself.

In the morning, I wake up to an empty bed. Harry's gone but I know where he is when I smell fresh pancakes from the kitchen. I made my way downstairs in just my boxers, as I woke up. As I approached the kitchen, I could hear humming and giggling. Harry was humming a tune and dancing in a funny way and Teddy thought it was very amusing. He giggled and clapped his hands from where he sat in his high chair.

I silently laughed at Harry's dance moves as I walked up behind him. I then placed gentle kisses over his neck. He was a bit shocked at first as he didn't realise I was there but then leaned into me. He obviously was enjoying it.

"Morning chosen one," I whispered to him as my lips passed his ears to his jawline.

"M-morning Dray." He said to me as he turned around to face me.

He looked a bit embarrassed and was looking down at the floor. His cheeks now bright pink like the colour of Teddy's hair as he took a bite from his breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes.

"Um- you didn't see -that did you?" Harry stuttered and looked even more embarrassed.

"If you're talking about your dancing then yes I did. Your hips move quite well despite your troubles with dancing in fourth year." I chuckled.

"H-hey I wasn't that bad!" He defended and smiled up at me.

"And neither is that arse of yours." I laughed and kissed him before getting myself a serving of breakfast.

"Dray! Teddy is right there if you haven't noticed." Harry said.

"It's fine, he doesn't understand it anyways, do you Ted?" I said and turned to the boy in the high chair.