Sick days

Draco's POV

-----------------

Today we were going to go out but Scorpius wasn't feeling well so we are spending the day at home to take care of him. Scorpius is six meaning he is two years younger than Teddy who is eight now. We adopted Scorpius just shortly after Teddy turned five and he has been with us for three years now. He was born into a magic family and he himself is a wizard, but the family was neglecting him and so the ministry's child protective service took him into care when he was two and a half, we adopted him when he was about three and a half.

We were going to go to the Burrow today but since Scorp woke up with a cough and a headache, we decided to stay home to make sure he is ok. We were nervous at first at how Teddy would react to having a younger brother, but he's actually a really good older brother. He loves to play with Scorpius and they always have secret sleepovers in each other's rooms. Well, they think they are secretive, but Harry and I know every time since they aren't exactly the quietest of kids, especially when they are together.

"Dad, is Scorpy ok?" Teddy asked as I left the kitchen, heading to Scorpius' room.

"Yeah, he's just a bit unwell right now. Do you wanna come see him?" I asked.

"Yes please," Teddy answered, we've been teaching him proper manners.

"Haz, can Teddy go in and see Scorp?" I shouted down the hall to where Harry was getting something out of the cupboard in the bathroom.

"Um, yeah sure!" He shouted back, clearly distracted by what he was doing.

Teddy smiled at me before running ahead to Scorpius' bedroom. I just chuckled to myself as I watched how excited he becomes when he can see his brother. Harry and I are actually in the process of adopting a little girl who like Scorpius, her family neglected her so she got taken by the ministry's child services. She's five, a year younger than Scorpius and three years younger than Teddy. Scorpius looks surprisingly similar to me with his white-blonde hair, blue almost grey eyes, and pale skin, and the little girl has black hair and a more tanned skin colour like Harry but her eyes are brown instead of green.

"Hey, Scorpy," Teddy said softly as he approached his brother who was laying in a pile of blankets and pillows

"Hey, Ted," Scorpius said back, his voice sounding higher than usual due to his blocked nose and sore throat.

"Hi, Dad," He then said as he turned his head to face me.

"Hey, Scorp. Want some chocolate? It makes Daddy feel better when he's sick," I said, holding out a small bar of chocolate that Harry loves to have when he's sick.

"Thanks," He sniffled out as he reached for the chocolate bar. When he took it from my hand, our hands touched for a second and his skin felt red hot.

"Harry," I said as I stood in the doorway of Scorpius' room.

"Yeah?" Harry said back as he walked down the hall and entered Scorpius' room.

"Do you have my wand?" I asked him.

"No, just use mine," He said as he took his out of his pocket, handing it to me.

I used a quick spell to check his temperature and it was 37.9ºC. That means he has a fever, it's not too high, but it's still a fever. Just to be safe, I checked Teddy's temperature too. 37.5ºC, not a fever, but close.

"Have you been feeling sick lately, Teddy?" I asked him while Harry tended to Scorpius.

"Just my nose, it's a bit stuffy. And my head hurts a bit." He sighed, sniffling to show it is blocked.