Lunch at the Burrow

Harry's POV

-----------------

This was it, it's the first day of summer. We have just gotten off the Hogwarts Express, and I have said bye to Hermione and Ron. Just as I was about to go, Draco grabbed my hands.

"Harry, I know this isn't the best time to tell you but there is something you need to know," He said to me.

"Draco!" Lucius Malfoy said into the crowd. Clearly he had somewhere to be and couldn't find Draco.

I looked at my boyfriend and then at his father who was slowly making his way towards us.

"He's coming Dray, what is it?" I said to him quickly.

"Never mind there isn't enough time, see you after the summer, I love you." Draco said before quickly kissing me and hurrying off to meet his father.

"Love you too." I said to him as he walked away.

Whatever he wanted to tell me wasn't really in the front of my mind right now, I'm sure it wasn't anything too important since he waited until the last minute to tell me. What was at the front of my mind though was the fact that I only have to be with the Dursleys for one more summer until I can go and stay at 12 Grimmauld Place. Even if it wasn't with Sirius, I would still be away from the Dursleys.

-----

I got up early this morning to send Draco a letter asking him about what he was going to tell me at the station the other week. I sent one a few days ago but I got no response so I decided to try again today.

It was about midnight and I still didn't get a response. Draco always responds to my letters as soon as he can so this is quite strange. Maybe he is really busy or, he doesn't want to respond? Either way, I should probably stop sending letters if I am net getting responses. They might be getting to his parents for all I know and I don't want that happening.

-----

This morning I got an invitation for lunch at the burrow with the Weasley's and Hermione will be there too.

I went to ask Petunia if I could go, surprisingly she said yes. Well she has always been the nicer one out of the Dursleys but I'm still surprised. They probably just want me out of the house even though I'm locked away in my room whenever I'm not doing chores for them.

I'm getting ready for lunch, I put on some navy blue jeans and a plain grey shirt with a blue collar. I then went out to the street to catch the night bus to Diagon Alley where I would floo to the burrow.

When I got to the burrow, I was greeted with wet kisses on my cheeks from Ms Weasley and hugs from the rest of the family and Hermione. Ron, Hermione, and I then made our way up to Ron's room on the top floor of the house. We then sat down and talked, catching up on our summers so far.

"How's things with that muggle family of yours?" Ron asked with disgust in his voice.

"Good I guess, I mean they let me come here today and I have only been beaten up two times since the start of summer." I said to them happily but they just looked at me with worried faces.

"Harry, I know that you're used to getting more punishments than that but still, being beaten up is bad, no matter how many times." Hermione said to me.

"I know, I'm just happy it hasn't been more so far." I said to them and gave a small smile. They nodded and looked a bit less upset and more understanding this time.

" So how's it going with Draco?" Hermione then asked.

"I don't know, I have sent him two letters but he hasn't responded to either." I said. I didn't have to explain any further than that because I know they already knew what that could have meant.

"Lunch is ready!" Ms Weasley shouted up the stairs.

Ron practically jumped up and ran down the stairs when he heard that. Hermione and I laughed before making out way downstairs, a bit slower than Ron.

Lunch was amazing, we talked about everything anyone could think of and Ms Weasley had made the most delightful lunch. It's never boring when you're at the burrow.

"Oh let me clean up Ms Weasley," I said as people started to go into the living room and Ms Weasley was cleaning the table.

"No no Harry, you go and join the rest of them in the living room. I will be there in just a minute," She said to me in a kind voice.

"No really, let me," I said to her while taking the plates from her hands.

"Thank you Harry," She said before walking out of the room.

"Oh and Harry dear, call me Molly." She said in the doorway and then disappeared into the living room.

I smiled and then finished cleaning the kitchen before joining the rest of my family in the living room. We sat and chatted there for a while until it was around six o'clock.

"I better be off, I need to be back home." I said to them while walking towards the floo.

"Me too," Hermione said while following me.

"Thank you, really, today was really fun and I am very grateful that you invited me over," I said to the Weasleys and right after me Hermione said her thanks too. I then got in the floo before Hermione, waved goodbye and then appeared in Diagon Alley before taking the night bus to the Dursleys. Once I got back I prepared dinner and then went to bed.