Dumbledore's Death

Harry's POV

-----------------

Dumbledore and I just apperated back with a new horcrux. A locket. I was so glad that we got it but I felt really bad for what Dumbledore had to go through, he should have let me drink the poison but of course, he did instead. He heard someone coming as we were standing at the top of the astronomy tower so he told me to hide below it.

I quickly ran down the stairs so I was below the top floor of the tower. It was already night time so it was dark where I was standing but the moon was bright so it was providing me with a bit of light. I was looking through the floorboards up at where Dumbledore was to try and find out who else was there. The other person there was Draco. Wait what? Draco? What was he doing there?

He was pointing his wand at Dumbledore and they were talking about something.

"Draco, you are no assassin," Dumbledore said quite calmly.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you!" Draco snapped back at him.

Dumbledore then went on to list the multiple hexed items that made their way into the school, which I just found out got here because Draco was trying to give them to Dumbledore.

"He trusts me... I was chosen!" Draco said with a shaky voice. He then pulled up his sleeve and revealed none other than a dark mark on his left forearm.

I couldn't believe this. My boyfriend had a dark mark and I didn't even know about it?!

"Expelliarmus" He then shouted, disarming Dumbledore.

I heard other people coming as I raised my wand to a crack in the floorboards so if necessary, I could disarm Draco.

"Draco, years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." Dumbledore said, still strangely sounding relaxed.

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand, I have to do this, I have to kill you..." Draco said, almost in tears.

My heart nearly fell from the tower. Am I hearing things right? I could tell that Draco didn't want to do it because of how upset he was getting but still, why would he do this.

"Or he's gonna kill me.." Draco finished, his wand shaking in his hand and his voice was shaking too.

Suddenly, Bellatrix and a few other death eaters arrived.

"Well done Draco..." She whispered to him but loud enough so we could all hear her.

"Do it!" She whisper-shouted at Draco.

"He doesn't have the stomach just like his father." Another death eater said.

I could see Draco didn't want to do it and I felt sorry for him but I also felt so angry. How could he not tell me? All this time, I have been dating a death eater? I probably would have been more ok with it if he told me before but this is the way I am finding out and I am not happy about it.

Suddenly Snape had appeared behind me, he was holding his wand up to me before he put one finger over his lips signaling me to keep quiet.

"Go on Draco, Now!" Bellatrix yelled.

Draco was fully shaking by now.

"No," Snape said as he slowly walked into Draco's place.

"Severus... Please," Dumbledore said slowly after he looked down at me through the floorboards quickly.

"Avada Kedavra" Snape said as a green line shot from his wand right into Dumbledore's chest.

All I saw was that Dumbledore then fell from the top of the tower. So did my heart at that point. Draco started crying and Bellatrix shot a spell into the air that made a giant skull form from the clouds and a snake came out of its mouth, just like the one I saw at the quidditch world cup.

I ran down the tower as fast as I could, other students and professors started to come outside due to all the noise that was being made. I ran down to see Dumbledore's lifeless body lying there on the grass. Professors and students started to gather around me as I knelt down by his body. I couldn't believe it. I have had so many people in my life die, and I just found out one of the only people I truly love is a death eater. Hermione and Ron ran up to me and hugged me as I cried into their shoulders.